The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I think i put camden as my first cos its closer...(not that am lazy or anything :P) and cos i had seen it wen i went to open day and quite liked it! but yeah im happy with quay point!
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
urgh mines still says application acknowledged :frown:
I have stayed in quay point with friends for couple of nights before..its brill! Such nice rooms, lovely pub literally 1/2 a metre opposite. You do hear people saying they are quite money grabbing but Im not worried about that, not gonna damage the place. And its only a 5 minute walk from uni. You'll both love it congrats :smile:
thankfully quay point is still quite close 2 my building. mine was only uploaded today so i wouldnt worry if it's still being acknowledged
What is your buliding? Do you know roughly when you applied? Im worried now I haven't got Quay Point :frown: if I dont get an ensuite I will cry!
awk thats good 2 hear! i havnt a clue what to expect! yea i read up on it and said it wasn't a party building and that they were quite stingey when giving back deposits but i cant help but be excited :biggrin:
haha! mines the business building so its quite close. i applied like in march, i was really early to apply. i know, i would have dreaded sharing a bathroom, that sounds terrible but it's not something i want to share :smile: here, don't worry! where else did you apply?
angelaharkin
awk thats good 2 hear! i havnt a clue what to expect! yea i read up on it and said it wasn't a party building and that they were quite stingey when giving back deposits but i cant help but be excited :biggrin:

When I was there, there was partying! I'm not worried about that,I'll make it a party place :wink: it depends if you get loud house mates, if they're quiet we can all party in my flat lol!

Plus I would hate to be in some mad halls where people are partying EVERY night so if you have to actually get sleep or get up you can't, would be so annoying. Hear glenamara house is a bit mad like that.
angelaharkin
haha! mines the business building so its quite close. i applied like in march, i was really early to apply. i know, i would have dreaded sharing a bathroom, that sounds terrible but it's not something i want to share :smile: here, don't worry! where else did you apply?

Ah I see I didn't apply until April so getting worried :s-smilie:

I don't even remember, Camden, Quay point and Knoll, and there 3 other random ones but they're all shared bathrooms! Ahhh!
Reply 49
I think i applied in March too...but it only updated today and i havent got anything through the post yet! I also heard about it being a bit quiet bt to be honest its only gunna be what you make it...so if the people in your flat are up for a good time then it should be cool! Also hayles...if you get into quay point we can go to lectures together...psychology buddies lol.
haha ur flat it is! im so worried incase im sharing with "quiet" people lol, sounds awful, but ya no, i do wanna enjoy myself as well! yeh, halls wasnt for me... that whole communal bathroom and kitchen thing wasnt going to work for me lol. o really? i havnt really heard anything apart from camden court was really the place 2 stay but quay point was prob one of the nicest.
Damn right! Wooo lol! If you guys applied in March then Im hoping they'll get through the April people soon enough. We can all get lashed in Stepneys (the awesome bar/pub beside quay point) Triple vodkas for £2.25..yes please :wink:

Oh Angela, your also from NI, cool :smile: Im actually in Belfast at this very minute!
no i havnt got anything in the post either...i'm presuming you get the contracts and all in the post?
ha amazin! NI all the way... o dear god... 2.25 for triples??!! haha how cud quaypoint be quiet with that going on across the road!
Reply 54
hayles101
Damn right! Wooo lol! If you guys applied in March then Im hoping they'll get through the April people soon enough. We can all get lashed in Stepneys (the awesome bar/pub beside quay point) Triple vodkas for £2.25..yes please :wink:

Sounds like a plan! Am getting very excited now! You started gettin anything sorted to take yet? like pots and pans etc?
nope nothing haha, i went and goggled in a student checklist which was helpful, but it also said dont go buying big stuff like ironing boards and irons because there's no point each flat mate bringing 1 each as useful as 6 ironing boards are... lol, what about u?? i havnt really got a clue, i'll come with too much knowing me lol
Haha Im one of the most disorganised people you'll ever meet, going to spain in a week and have bought nothing lol so nope haven't bought anything yet..all in good time :smile: you?

But yeah the cheap alcohol across the road is funny cause we went there before the clubs and its so cheap I was lashed before I even got near the clubs haha! I had a pint of diesel, no idea whats in it, a mixture of about 5 drinks..best not to ask lol. Oh and they have pints of this drink that tastes like skittles mmmm :smile:

Oh and another about QP is there really cool about guests, they let my friend Coop have me AND another girl stay on his floor for 2 nights and said nothing. I heard Queens don't even let one person stay for a night.
Reply 57
erm well i've made a list lol...its a start! But my friend has just come back from uni and is living at home next year so we gunna go through what she has got so i dont have to go out and buy loads of new things! As for an ironing board...i wasnt gunna bother with even an iron cos i hate it!! But i think my mam has talked me round to maybe taking a travel one for the things which really need it!
Thats good about allowing people to stay over! A few of my friends may come up for a night out and crash in my room every once in a while!
Haha you need an iron..what happens when your clothes get all wrinkly? Not sure about taking a board though, how the heck will it all fit when taking it over :s-smilie:

I really hope I hear about my accomm soon. I'll let use know soon as I hear something.
Reply 59
just hang them up! And let them fall out lol.

Latest

Trending

Trending