The Student Room Group

English Lang. CW

Currently we are doing English Language CW in preparation for next year.

What the coursework entails is the requirement to write a prequel for of Mice and Men.

We're looking at the part of the novel where George mentions what happened in Weed.

Particularly, though, I need to give a vivid description of the Californian landscape...

Would anyone be prepared to give me a few pointers as to what specifically I can mention and then duly expand on?

Most appreciated.
studentee
Currently we are doing English Language CW in preparation for next year.

What the coursework entails is the requirement to write a prequel for of Mice and Men.

We're looking at the part of the novel where George mentions what happened in Weed.

Particularly, though, I need to give a vivid description of the Californian landscape...

Would anyone be prepared to give me a few pointers as to what specifically I can mention and then duly expand on?

Most appreciated.

You might want to think about the situation in California at that time. "Of Mice And Men" was written in 1937 (I think), so what major event would have had an impact on life then? This should help with the sort of people you'd expect to find there, although not too sure about the landscape. However, I do know there were a lot of fruit farms (the other thing links into it).

Spoiler

Hope this helps.
Reply 2
Around that time was the great depression and such (well kind of recovering from it..)

Latest