The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Pooley house 08-09

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
kayleigh_martin
That's interesting. Why the change? Haha the residents will no longer know where the fire alarm was set off like last year (always in the medics bit)

It means that the medics are more integrated with the rest of the undergrads, which will be good, and also that when they're not all lumped together they're not living up to the expectation that all medics are trouble makers.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 41
so is ther anyone else in flat 5?! i cant find anyone! :P
Reply 42
aaaa so excieted!! anyone happen to be in flat 31?! ... anyone happen to know what floor flat 31 is on? xx.
Reply 43
Sera_R
aaaa so excieted!! anyone happen to be in flat 31?! ... anyone happen to know what floor flat 31 is on? xx.

Top floor.
Reply 44
Anyone in flat 26???
Reply 45
Siobhan23
Anyone in flat 26???

I know a few from last year :yep: <pointless fact>
Reply 46
My accomodation has been confirmed at pooley house in flat 18 and I'm very much concerned whether I can connect my game console online or not ?
khapung
My accomodation has been confirmed at pooley house in flat 18 and I'm very much concerned whether I can connect my game console online or not ?

Nope, you can't.
Reply 48
khapung

not by conventional methods..
minelli
It is deffo the best, theres always more going on and random events taking place. Like the fridge in the lift incident. I miss it very much. Downsides FIRE ALARMS....although I grew to laugh through them and it's good bonding I suppose.

that was our fridge! yay :biggrin: glad you liked it :smile: lol
minelli
Maybe you are not in the third block then and nearer the top of the second block....in which case you will have an amazing view...it's just that usually all of the medics are in teh third block of pooley unless they are getting kicked out for bad behaviour lol :p:

nope the second block only goes up to flat 32 so you'll be in with medics :p: unlucky lol

and as for funny things that have happened - the main door of the middle block got wripped off after a part we had and there was chocolate sauce all over the stairs from the top to the bottom! was mental! you freshers have a lot to live up to this year!
Misanthropist
Ohh that sounds really amazing, i hope i'm on the side with canary wharf, now all i need are the grades dammit:biggrin:

you can see canary wharf from the higher floors of all three blocks
:smile:
Reply 52
Just wondering, for the accomodation im at, it says i can collect my keys on the 13th Sept. Is this when I can officially move in? I.e bring a whole load of rubbish im my suitcase and dumb it in my room? Sorry im posting in this thread, no one on here seems to be going to my residence place on this forum! Reply back!
Reply 53
Igloo_cone
Just wondering, for the accomodation im at, it says i can collect my keys on the 13th Sept. Is this when I can officially move in? I.e bring a whole load of rubbish im my suitcase and dumb it in my room? Sorry im posting in this thread, no one on here seems to be going to my residence place on this forum! Reply back!

yeha
Reply 54
Eskimo Melon
nope the second block only goes up to flat 32 so you'll be in with medics :p: unlucky lol

I'll repeat - there's no medic block this year.
Reply 55
I'm in Flat 41 :smile:

does anyone know if this is facing Canary Wharf or the railway lines?
Depends on the room.
Misanthropist
How many floors are there??? i'm in flat 36 hopefully i'll have a really good view of the city. I wanted France House only coz of the bath, but i'm glad i got Pooley coz it sounds more fun. And hopefully the new Poolians can keep up if not exceed the "Party Central " rep that Pooley has

but i thought I'll be in flat 36~~~is that room H as well???:frown: :confused:
babypegasus

Flats are made up of about 10 rooms in Pooley. That means more that one person can have the same flat number! Haha.
Reply 59
babypegasus

Room H isn't on the side facing the wharf unfortunatley, but it is big.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending