The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I don't. I suspect they'd appreciate the fact that you're making an effort.

But casual clothes shouldn't disadvantage you :smile: One guy in my year came to interview in wellies, spread mud all over the admissions director's floor and still got in :rolleyes:
Reply 21
I mean only in that if you're uncomfortable you're likely to be more flustered and less on the ball.

EDIT: :biggrin: @ the muddy welly guy
naelse
I mean only in that if you're uncomfortable you're likely to be more flustered and less on the ball.

EDIT: :biggrin: @ the muddy welly guy

More fulstered!?
We are talking a bloody suit not a corset.
You don't even need to wear a tie. Just a shirt and jacket will give the proper effect as someone who is actually serious.
This is an interview to get into the top uni in the country, not the checkouts at the local tescos.
gringalet
You could have said 'great bolshy yarblockos', dear. How disappointing :biggrin:

can't say i've heard of that...
Reply 24
foolfarian
can't say i've heard of that...

It's what Alex says at some point in A Clockwork Orange, I think :tongue:
Helenia
It's what Alex says at some point in A Clockwork Orange, I think :tongue:

:eek:
I am truly ashamed not to have picked up on that.
gringalet
You could have said 'great bolshy yarblockos', dear. How disappointing :biggrin:

Good film huh! I even read the book. In fact, I co-directed a scene from the play. I was Clockwork Orange mad for a bit. :biggrin:
englishstudent
Good film huh! I even read the book. In fact, I co-directed a scene from the play. I was Clockwork Orange mad for a bit. :biggrin:

As was I! I think it ran from about the ages of 12 to 14, and still persists somewhat to this day. Read the book, again and again. It was when they re-released the film all those flashy adverts on telly. Me, impressionable? :rolleyes:

Hmm, think I'll read the book again soon!
foolfarian
More fulstered!?
We are talking a bloody suit not a corset.
You don't even need to wear a tie. Just a shirt and jacket will give the proper effect as someone who is actually serious.
This is an interview to get into the top uni in the country, not the checkouts at the local tescos.

I have to say I'd agree with that the male types should wear a shirt in some guise. I mean, you wouldn't really turn up for a job interview in your scally tracksuit bottoms and a baseball cap, would you? Having said that, I still think I'll wear jeans :biggrin:
Reply 29
but you're applying for a "job" where you arent expected to wear a suit anyway!

I will just re-iterate this over and over.....either where what you NORMALLY wear....or wear something better...just never go lower than what you normally wear. Very few people decide to make themselves look like complete tramps deliberately, so it's unlikely that what you wear normally will be sub-standard!
That's very true!

Oh, just all be yourselves! You're hardly going to get in just because the interviewer likes your tie or something...although you never know...

Latest

Trending

Trending