The Student Room Group

Keep, pleading, keep, keep pleading...

The situation is pretty clear: Conditional offer from Edinburgh for Computer Science (65% in 3 modules) and results are 58%, 57% and 57%. Chances that they accept me are not much, I know, but still, I want to give it a try. So, how should I deal with it? Do you suggest that I call them as soon as possible and beg them to death or should I act differenlty?

Keep in mind that I come from Greece and only stayed in England for six months so my english are not superb.
SebKom
The situation is pretty clear: Conditional offer from Edinburgh for Computer Science (65% in 3 modules) and results are 58%, 57% and 57%. Chances that they accept me are not much, I know, but still, I want to give it a try. So, how should I deal with it? Do you suggest that I call them as soon as possible and beg them to death or should I act differenlty?

Keep in mind that I come from Greece and only stayed in England for six months so my english are not superb.

english is not superb! :wink: but you probably did that on purpose!
well if you dont think talking over the phone is a good idea email them!
Reply 2
SebKom

Believe me, there is no better attribute then determination it can get you anywhere. keep trying!
Reply 3
Nope, it was not intenional. Talking directly is not my main problem, what I am asking help for is the structure of my...speech, if I can call it so.
Send an email and get an english-speaker to check it first so it's good grammar and what-not. Just explain the situation to them, chances are you'll have some luck with it, as places are nearly always going spare. All you can do is try. All I'd say is make sure you're polite and you should be grand :smile:
SebKom
Nope, it was not intenional. Talking directly is not my main problem, what I am asking help for is the structure of my...speech, if I can call it so.

just looked convenient that it was in the sentence where you said your english was bad and the rest of ur article was reasonably well written!
Reply 6
Sounds like you people believe that email is better than a phone call. Is that so?

@chr15chr15: Well, I didn't mean to give the impression that my english suck, I am just not sure if I can use them for such negotiations. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending