The Student Room Group

Query

okay this probably has nothing to do with whatever what was said above, but I need some advice, if you would be so kind :smile:

Alright, I originally wanted to apply to Oxford for Human Sciences as the course comprised subject areas I was really passionate about, but finding out I couldn't do Human Sciences at Sussex meant Oxford was the only place I was applying for Human Sciences.

(Everywhere else I'm applying for Philosophy or Philosophy/Politics).

So, in terms of my personal statement, would it be better to stick to the philosophy/politics area, rather than mix Human Sciences or perhaps Anthropology into the statement which might make some unis go "what the ****?"

I was thinking of doing Philosophy at Cambridge, rather than Human Sciences at Oxford, but since Cambridge can see your individual units/modules in A-Levels, would they also see my AS-Level individual units/modules? And if I got a B in a subject I'm dropping, will they scrutinise me for this B, even though i get my 3As?

It's a rather confusing situation...

:|
Reply 1
Sammerz
okay this probably has nothing to do with whatever what was said above, but I need some advice, if you would be so kind :smile:

Alright, I originally wanted to apply to Oxford for Human Sciences as the course comprised subject areas I was really passionate about, but finding out I couldn't do Human Sciences at Sussex meant Oxford was the only place I was applying for Human Sciences.

(Everywhere else I'm applying for Philosophy or Philosophy/Politics).

So, in terms of my personal statement, would it be better to stick to the philosophy/politics area, rather than mix Human Sciences or perhaps Anthropology into the statement which might make some unis go "what the ****?"

I was thinking of doing Philosophy at Cambridge, rather than Human Sciences at Oxford, but since Cambridge can see your individual units/modules in A-Levels, would they also see my AS-Level individual units/modules? And if I got a B in a subject I'm dropping, will they scrutinise me for this B, even though i get my 3As?

It's a rather confusing situation...

:|

You need to make a thread about this in the Oxbridge forum. Your concerns will be addressed there.
Reply 2
Yes they will see ALL modules taken, including whether you have resat any. As you're dropping it though I really wouldnt worry about it. That's no reason not to apply.

Latest

Trending

Trending