The Student Room Group

Pls Help Guys

Hi All,

I am raghav from india and got a conditional letter (IELTS Score=7)from LANCASTER University for Management science and Market Analysis.However i got 6.5 in my ielts exam.Could you please share experience how to get into the course.The reason for selecting Management science is logical shift. Currently i work as data analyst with tools like SAS,Informatica. This course perfectly helps me to transit from technical consultant to Functional Analyst with right statistics concepts with practical implementation.

I would like to hear from you people, what do u think abt my chancess:smile:
Reply 1
I'm sorry to say that if the condition of the offer was IELTS 7 and you got 6.5 you haven't met the offer and its quite unlikely they will be lenient. Can i suggest you phone them up and explain your circumstances.
You need to call Lancaster as soon as you can to explain what has happened.
There is still a chance they will consider you for the course so there is no need to panic yet.
Explain why you want to study the course, and why you want to go to Lancaster.
Also, if you have an explaination as to why you did not quite achieve your grades then you should tell them as they may put this into consideration.

They may give you an outright rejection, or they may say that they would like to consider it for a little longer as obviously the A level results are not out yet, and so they do not know how big the demand for the course is going to be.

The most important thing is to phone them though, it will give you a much better idea about your situation.
Reply 3
^^^ Good point about A levels I agree I dont think that they would make a decision until after 14 august if they do consider you .
Reply 4
I agree with louiscbrooks. My Uni tells me in every email I need to get the IELTS score of at least 6.0 otherwise they wont take me.
If he has 6.5 and 7 is required then the Uni might think he isnt capable to study in English.

Latest

Trending

Trending