The Student Room Group
Reply 1
notyourpunk
on my additional question form thingy i wrote that i had read a book which i was going to get around to reading so it was fresh for interview. now ive forgotten which book i wrote

Don't worry. You'll find out in the interview what book it was.
notyourpunk
on my additional question form thingy i wrote that i had read a book which i was going to get around to reading so it was fresh for interview. now ive forgotten which book i wrote

Get in touch with Ucas and ask for a copy of all your forms.
Reply 3
it was the supplementary answer form, which dont think ucas get do they?

im staring at a pile of 6books trying to work out which bloody one it is. im plumping for al qaeda and what it means to be modern by john gray at the moment. this will teach me to buy lots of books in one go and then read them rather than buying one at a time
Reply 4
Firstly, no, the SAQs dont go to UCAS, they go straight to your college of choice. Namely, since you addressed it to them when you sent it off :tongue:

Id say try to find another book to read and read through that, if they mention it, tell them you ended up reading a different book instead, especially if they plan to talk to you about that book. If in doubt, read every book in the world (not recommended.) Just a suggestion though, if you dont read it, it looks like you've bunked off it, although, if you read a couple other things, they wont look at it so badly (well, I wouldnt think so, I havent interviewed yet ^^; )
I know this is a bit late for all of you who have already submitted forms etc but it's always a good idea to keep a copy of everything. That goes for job applications etc. That way you can read over what you've written just before your interview and you won't be caught out by any reference to it.
Reply 6
Well the SAQ wasnt really worth copying, as it just detailed modular scores and whatnot... but I know how this guy feels. Read the two books you think it was...
Reply 7
read all 6 books anyway
Reply 8
earthmother
I know this is a bit late for all of you who have already submitted forms etc but it's always a good idea to keep a copy of everything. That goes for job applications etc. That way you can read over what you've written just before your interview and you won't be caught out by any reference to it.

yay! :P iv copied everything that iv sent off 2 ucas and 2 camb :tongue:

sorry that didn't help.
~pixie~
read all 6 books anyway

yes, once you get here you'll be expected to read loads anyway - I have to get through 6 or 7 books a week and considering you have got a few weeks until interview I just say read them all - they'll all help you.

MB
Reply 10
I kind of have a job though which takes up a lot of time every day. Reading 6 or 7 books a week is ok when you are a full time student but not if you have a 9-6 job and are doing a part time uni course
There's nothing else we can suggest though I'm afraid. Either read all the books, or risk the interview; the moral of this story is...
Reply 12
I did the same thing - wrote down the books I've "read" and will get round to reading them before interview - my only mistake is writing down about six books... :eek: which I now have to read and on top of that I've got to read at least another cus in my essay I listed it as my sources!
posh_git
yay! :P iv copied everything that iv sent off 2 ucas and 2 camb :tongue:

sorry that didn't help.

me too :biggrin:

Latest