The Student Room Group

Would this be counted as an extenuating circumstance?

Hey.

During 2006, I was in hospital for a year and this meant I had to resit my GCSE's the next year. But I wasn't given a full discharge from hospital and still had to attend for two days a week, only leaving me to go to school three days a week. Grades-wise i'm looking at A*'s/A's/B's in all of my subjects, as I have spent my time at school working very hard. - Prior to me being in hospital, I was someone with little aspiration and always messed about in class (giving me predictions of D's and C's).

When applying to a university in the forecoming future, would this scenario be described as a extenuating circumstance?

I'm also wanting to apply to the Sutton Trust Summer School, I fit in with all requirements except the minimum grades. - Would the trust take the circumstance into account?

(I just really, REALLY want to take medicine!)

(Oh and thanks for the help! :biggrin:)

tom
Reply 1
*bump*

just wanting to try and get this sorted out :smile:
Reply 2
It will only mitigate you to the standard you were at before all this happened. If by your own admission that wasn't great, then you might end up having to prove yourself grades wise and then apply with your A-Levels, rather than before.
Reply 3
Fluffy
It will only mitigate you to the standard you were at before all this happened. If by your own admission that wasn't great, then you might end up having to prove yourself grades wise and then apply with your A-Levels, rather than before.

Oh I'll be working for that AAA, as those circumstances alone wouldn't even get me into any university, not just medical school.

But just because my GCSE grades won't be as good as I initally hoped (because of the reasons mentioned), I was wondering Universites would take this in mind because of some uinversities GCSE grade requirements.

Latest

Trending

Trending