The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
maybe me.
Reply 2
I am... I'm hoping i don't see anyone from my high school as i hate them all and they will sneer at me cos now i go to a state 6f college!

Nasty people :frown:
Reply 3
I am!

nempozpag
I am... I'm hoping i don't see anyone from my high school as i hate them all and they will sneer at me cos now i go to a state 6f college!

I doubt they'd care to be honest, unless they're snobs.
i'm coming too.. gonna see queen's and sidney sussex :love:
Reply 5
I m going on the 4th to look around at Pembroke.
Reply 6
I'm going on 2nd-3rd, staying in Clare College, visiting AMES, Pembroke and Magdalene too.
I'm going on friday with a few others from my school. Quite looking forward to it actually :smile:
Reply 8
I am going on the 4th. I still can't narrow down which colleges I want to see.

Stuck between 10 :redface:
Reply 9
i am on the 4th. gonna look round caius and a couple of other colleges in the afternoon, but i cant find a map of them anywhere to see which ones
Reply 10
I'm going :smile:
I'll be in everything English-related I can find :biggrin:
anyone else a prospective Engling?
Reply 11
I'll be helping out Sidney Sussex college during the open days so do pop along and give the college a look in.
Reply 12
going this friday, not the general open day but the Christ college open day specifically, they even send me an invitation card in the post when i booked, nice little touch i must admit :smile:
Reply 13
I'm coming with a bunch from my school, staying in Selwyn for a couple of nights.

datr
I'll be helping out Sidney Sussex college during the open days so do pop along and give the college a look in.

I'll probably have a look at Sidney :smile:
Did we need to book specific colleges or if we have a general Cambridge bokking would that be ok?
Reply 15
I booked in for the physics talk, but not for any of the colleges on the basis that I had no idea which ones I liked...and it seems i failed to book for the general open day...will I still be able to get into any of the general chats? Or wander around colleges? I know I'm a fool....
Reply 16
I'm going on the 4th to look round a couple of colleges but I've not decided which yet...
Reply 17
kjc_us
I'm going on the 4th to look round a couple of colleges but I've not decided which yet...

hey, so you've not booked any either?
Reply 18
nobody could be arsed to reply to my emails about accommodating me, so i'm not going. sad times.
Reply 19
jamie_90
hey, so you've not booked any either?

I think I booked a couple but I can't remember which...

Anyway I emailed the Admissions woman at Cambridge to ask if we had to book colleges separately and this is the response I got:

Thank you for your email.

The University of Cambridge offers a wide variety of open days where you are able to obtain answers
to almost any question regarding our undergraduate studies (eg courses, entry requirements,
application procedures, and more).

To find our more you can browse our website at: www.cam.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/events/.
This includes a detailed list of open days arranged by the Cambridge Admissions Office, the
different Colleges and the University departments. Please note that you will need to book places on
most of the open days in advance, and not all of them are open to parents.

In addition most of the Colleges are open to visitors during the weekdays and the weekends, and
allow them to stroll around independently during visiting hours (with the exception of some
restricted areas). The College websites provide information on exact opening hours and days and
links to all of the College websites can be found at:
www.cam.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/colleges/.

We suggest you read the information about the Colleges on our website or in our Prospectus before
coming to Cambridge. This will help you to narrow down the number of Colleges you would like to see
during your visit. (We recommend concentrating on 4-6 Colleges).

Overseas applicants are also recommended to contact any of the Colleges, before arrival, to discuss
the suitability of their qualifications for specific courses with the College Admissions Tutor.

The Cambridge Admissions Office deals with general enquiries relating to applying to and studying at
the University. It is open Monday to Friday, 9.00am - 5.00pm.

Kind regards

Cambridge Admissions Office
Fitzwilliam House
32 Trumpington Street
Cambridge
CB2 1QY

Latest

Trending

Trending