Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Why do you dislike/hate wales/the welsh?

Announcements Posted on
  • View Poll Results: Which applies to you?
    Im English and dislike the welsh
    10.62%
    Im English and dont mind/like the welsh
    58.61%
    Im Scottish and dislike the welsh
    0.73%
    Im Scottish and dont mind/like the welsh
    4.03%
    Im from elsewhere and dislike/hate the welsh
    0.73%
    Im from elsewhere and dont mind the welsh
    6.96%
    Never heard of wales/dont know enough about it to care.
    3.30%
    Im welsh and I dislike the English
    2.20%
    Im welsh and I dont mind/like the English
    10.99%
    Im welsh and I hate it/Wales
    1.83%

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    so whats the deal. i know the welsh generally HATE the English but i didnt realise the English realised this or that they disliked the English in general also, as seems to be the case from another recent thread. so whats the deal, what is it you dislike? do you just hate them coz they hate you? im not welsh btw just been stranded here the last 4 years.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm English and I love the Welsh! :confused:
    • 1 follower

I don't hate them? :confused:

Aha i'm liking the advert for Wales that's been on recently actually:
    "You're not having out mud. It's good mud."

uth =]
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    I like Wales. What a curious question.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I like the pot noodle advert where the bloke goes "fuel of Britain, isn't it?" :laugh:
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm Scottish and I'm fairly indifferent to Wales. By contrast, I slightly prefer some parts of Ireland and I very much like England.

Wales, I'm afraid, just doesn't seem particularly appealing or to hold anything of very much interest for me. Cardiff sounds like a rather unimpressive city in the main, and the rest seems to be either urban wasteland or rather mediocre countryside.

i know the welsh generally HATE the English
    I think that's a load of crap, and if it was in fact true then they would need their heads examined...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I've never got the impression when actually meeting English people that they "hate" the welsh maybe some mild exchange of teasing might go on...but that's about as far as it goes. Anyone who actually "hates" Wales is probably either a chav or suffers from a serious personality flaw.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    They're Welsh. If that's not enough, I don't know what is.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I've got nothing against the Welsh. :confused:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    Cardiff sounds like a rather unimpressive city in the main, and the rest seems to be either urban wasteland or rather mediocre countryside.
    Have to take you up on that, Wales has some absolutely beautiful country. Unspoilt too.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Charlotte Church.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I like the Welsh
    Nice people

I hate the actual country/land.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I love the Welsh, esp the accent!
    Not a fan of the country itself though.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Silly thread.

I'm English and indifferent towards the Welsh (as I am to all other peoples).
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    I'm Scottish and I'm fairly indifferent to Wales. By contrast, I slightly prefer some parts of Ireland and I very much like England.

Wales, I'm afraid, just doesn't seem particularly appealing or to hold anything of very much interest for me. Cardiff sounds like a rather unimpressive city in the main, and the rest seems to be either urban wasteland or rather mediocre countryside.

I think that's a load of crap, and if it was in fact true then they would need their heads examined...
    oh no thats most certainly true. AT LEAST 50% of the welsh people i know HATE England/ the english in general. not in a way that would affect a personal relationship but they are ridiculous.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why would i hate the Welsh :confused:

And what's everyone got against the country itself. Not quite as ruined as England.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I love the Welsh. They're probably the best nationality in the British Isles. Never visited the place, but the people I've met who are Welsh supply the best banter around. :yy:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Never heard of Wales.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    This thread is just asking for trouble.

As far as I'm concerned the furthest most of us (I'm Welsh) go to hating the English is a bit of heavy competition between the most patriotic of both countries in sport. None of the English people I've ever met have a bad word to say about the Welsh. And contrary to popular belief, there is a little more going on here than sheep farming and dirt!!!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind the Welsh. I've been to Wales and it was quite nice. Didn't go to Cardiff or any cities, but the country was nice. Lots of sheep. haha (somebody had to mention Sheep)

But honestly, nothing wrong with the Welsh Their accents' are quite cool too.
Updated: February 25, 2009
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.