The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

15 miles cycling Saturday morning, 7 a.m.
40 mins yoga, Sunday evening.
40 mins yoga, Tuesday evening.
10 miles cycling Wednesday morning, 7 a.m.
Reply 21
Aiming to get fitter over the summer but trying not to lose weight, so swimming 1km every day for a start, trying to think of other easy things 2 do on holiday, anyone got any ideas??
I'm getting fitter and losing weight at the same time, but it's for life, not just for summer. Bought a cross trainer and signing up to Weight Watchers is it for me I think.
Reply 23
Bebbs
Military Press 50kg

What is a military press? As someone who is in the military, I am keen to know as I have never heard the expression before.
Reply 24
shoulder press
I'm hoping to loose 1-2 stone over the summer. I'm going to do it by getting a job in a warehouse and by going the gym 2-3 times a week and by cycling / taking my dogs for long walks up and down hills.
I'm kind of trying to get fit ... except I'm about to be on holiday for 2 months and I don't really feel like backpacking with weights, or joining a gym abroard, so that'll slow my progress.

At the moment all I do is run, do weights and stuff like press ups and crunches. The latter I don't do much of though because for the life of me I can't get the technique correct!

Like seriously, I keep my back flat - and try to raise my shoulders and chest upwards, and look up the whole time ... and STILL its my back that hurts and not my abs, what is that about?
Reply 27
From the end of July until Sept I'm going to attempt HIIT on a stationary bike. Will also just do some weights after each HIIT session, so basically around 45 mins at the gym 3 to 4 days a week I'd say.
Reply 28
EmergingButterfly
wow im doing exactly the same thing as you! and my start weight is also 9st 9 and my 'want to be weight' is also 8st 7, weird.

We should keep eachother posted on the weight loss thing!
I think this thread is a fab idea.
What height are you?
I'm doing a bit of cardio to increase my fitness and endurance so that I can then do a lot more cardio and do some weights so that I can lose some weight and strengthen somewhat.
Cate15
What height are you?

yeah thats a great idea! im quite short.. 5ft 2, what about you?
I started my exercise today to tone up my body for the hols. Did 1/2 hour on my step machine to tone up thighs and bum. And I did 1/2hour of a fitness workout copying the lady on the tv for abs legs and arms. Its only until I gather courage to join my gym. I'm too scared to go alone atm.In the mean time I will be starting swimming from tomorrow going every other day.
Reply 32
Good thread.

I want a beach bod by the time I go on holiday on August 6th - gives me just over a month. Got a bit of fat to loose then tone up time.

How? Gym 6 times a week and strict dieting - how many times have I said that before?
Cate15
What height are you?

Long as we're all careful and don't get obsessive. :smile: The last few weight threads got closed.
Reply 34
EmergingButterfly
yeah thats a great idea! im quite short.. 5ft 2, what about you?

5ft 1 and a half.
That half is very important :wink:
Reply 35
Well I had a couple of weeks off for exams, and I'm going on holiday in two weeks, so I'm doing a full body routine until my holiday just to maintain my current lifts, then when I get back I'll revert to some kind of split, haven't decided what yet, but probably a 3 days on, 2 days off split.
Last time i weighed myself at uni i was 90kg, id like to get down to around 85, (i al 6'6, so im not exactly fat)

in a couple of weeks, im going to go back hitting the gym, 3-4 days a week, then cycle around kent, try to do 15-20 miles a few times a week
Reply 37
LuLu*Bear
Aiming to get fitter over the summer but trying not to lose weight, so swimming 1km every day for a start, trying to think of other easy things 2 do on holiday, anyone got any ideas??

Change your font for one.
Reply 38
Bear_Grylls
Last time i weighed myself at uni i was 90kg, id like to get down to around 85, (i al 6'6, so im not exactly fat)

in a couple of weeks, im going to go back hitting the gym, 3-4 days a week, then cycle around kent, try to do 15-20 miles a few times a week

How proud are you of your warnings level?
urghhhh i have no motivation atm!

i havent started my summer yet ): unfortunately im still at sixth.

i keep meaning to get a routine going...it fails.
last week i managed to force myself to go running for half an hour one morning.

i failed all the other mornings.

Latest