The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I ve got my interview on 7th in maths. stay overnight on 6th. anyone in cam that day?
PS: I m one of the girls Foxystar mentioned above.
Reply 41
werlop
lol yeh, in my english class 2 years ago there were NINE Davids!!, ie 1/3 of the class was called David. It was pretty confusing.

NINE Davids????? :eek: My goodness it must've been confusing! Hehe no one has my name :tongue: I picked it :tongue: pretty flipping old I've only seen retired people with my name :wink: Nice name though :biggrin: straight from the dictionary :biggrin:
Reply 42
jonas123
don't go to emma, they have the mumps!!!

Then again, all of Cambridge seems to have mumps now.But Emma started it!!!

I visited Emma :biggrin: didn't see any mumps... *cough* (I have a sore throat) Nah not really :biggrin: There're Emma at mumps! :biggrin:
Reply 43
because mumps is a state of being :tongue:
Reply 44
Any of you little turnips got interviews before the 7th?....cos i'm thinking of staying on a couple of days (to try and make use of the libraries) and thus would get roped in with some of the interview procedure!
irisng
Hehe no one has my name :tongue: I picked it :tongue: pretty flipping old I've only seen retired people with my name :wink: Nice name though :biggrin: straight from the dictionary :biggrin:

If you don't mind my asking, HOW did you get to pick your own name? 0_ó
...Considering that you'd have to be two years old before saying much at all?
It would kinda amuse me though, having a baby simply called "it"... :biggrin:

And if it's a recent thing, was it a legal name change or just a slighty more permanent self-assigned nickname?
Reply 46
crazydaveuk
If you don't mind my asking, HOW did you get to pick your own name? 0_ó
...Considering that you'd have to be two years old before saying much at all?
It would kinda amuse me though, having a baby simply called "it"... :biggrin:

And if it's a recent thing, was it a legal name change or just a slighty more permanent self-assigned nickname?

Lol! - I lived in Hong Kong til I was 8 and so basically chose my English name when I came over :biggrin: but back then the only names I knew were those from my English textbooks and they were names like Mary and Ann and Betty! - I was actually gonna choose Kitty :tongue: (you know, Hello Kitty - I was only 8!) - then I switched to Mary, then my mum just gave me a list of English names at the back of a Dictionary and I liked the name Iris :biggrin: and of course, back then I could hardly speak English so couldn't pick a ridiculously long name or I wouldn't have been able to spell it! Think at one point I must've picked something like "Elizabeth" or "Samantha" or summit - something long anyway! - and my mum was like "Can you spell it then?" and I was like "Err no." So Iris it is!

And my passport didn't say the name Iris til some time last year - so my GCSE certs all have my Chinese name on and there's a lot of confusion in schools too when new teachers come and do the register!
Reply 47
Willa
because mumps is a state of being :tongue:

Yep yep so you go to mumps at Emma! :biggrin: I've applied to Mumps too! Mumps is cooool :rolleyes:
Reply 48
Willa
Any of you little turnips got interviews before the 7th?....cos i'm thinking of staying on a couple of days (to try and make use of the libraries) and thus would get roped in with some of the interview procedure!

I'm a turnip I'm a turnip! *bounces up and down very cutely :rolleyes: * Although mine is on the 14th. And I'm freaking out aaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

And let's see what shall I say when they ask me why have I applied to Emma? :rolleyes: Because when I visited I loved the feel... :biggrin: Spent the day there :biggrin: Thought it was Hogwarts... :biggrin: :rolleyes:
irisng
And let's see what shall I say when they ask me why have I applied to Emma? :rolleyes: Because when I visited I loved the feel... :biggrin: Spent the day there :biggrin: Thought it was Hogwarts... :biggrin: :rolleyes:

Sheesh, don't say that! :eek:
Reply 50
oh the feel of things at emma was good was it? Hopefully you'll get to experience some more of it, explore all the parts you havent explored yet......see all parts of it completely uncovered. It's nice when you get to see that type of thing :wink:
Ahh please stop.
Reply 52
hitchhiker_13
Ahh please stop.

Hehe lol :tongue: Well I do still have to look at the ducks I missed them when I visited! :biggrin:
Reply 53
platinumki
Sheesh, don't say that! :eek:

Well ok a part of it looked like King's Cross underground :biggrin: but I liked the accommodations methinks :biggrin:
Reply 54
i'm a maths applicant, interview 6th, staying over night before.

I was just googling the names of the profs interviewing me and find a whole thread talking about emma applications behind my back! You people disgust me.

/not really
//well, maybe, i haven't actually met any of you
Reply 55
Oo, my interview is the 7th.......

AT 8:35 AM

Words do indeed fail me
^^^ Ultimate harshness.
Reply 57
Willa
oh the feel of things at emma was good was it? Hopefully you'll get to experience some more of it, explore all the parts you havent explored yet......see all parts of it completely uncovered. It's nice when you get to see that type of thing :wink:

I wish *sigh* Emma's a dream - always has been. I'll never get in though so I guess I don't have much to worry about.
any applicants gonna be at emma on the afternoon/early evening of the 9th?

im picturing myself waiting alone in a cold corridor for a few hours...
Reply 59
if any of you turnips want a chat or something (pre interview coaching) then i'm around until wednesday the 8th....and i'm actually helping out on the 7th i think! Hehe, feels so good being here now!

Latest

Trending

Trending