The Student Room Group

Internship after uni?

I posted this in the IB forum about a week ago but didn't get much response:

Ok, here is the situation. I was on the 4 year maths course but an now about to change to the 3 year maths course. I am currently at the end of my second year. I have work experience lined up in 3 of the big 4 and a statistics department this summer. I have no internship because i wasn't in my penultimate year at the time but now i am sort of thing.

So now i am wondering how likely it is that i will get a job at the end of my degree in actuarial work/ consultancy/ with the outside chance of IB, without an internship. Also is it possible to do an internship after you have finished uni, because all the sites i have seen say penultimate year. And if it is, then what happens after that, eg do you go straight into employment if successful or do you have to take a year out.

I am sure there are plenty of other people in this situation as well at the moment so any help or advice would be great!

thanks
Reply 1
For actuarial or accounting work, it shouldn't be hard. I know quite a few who didn't have internships and they got the jobs.

For consulting, you'll have to have something special on your CV anyway, some people may not have internships, but may have measured up in another way.
fblade
For actuarial or accounting work, it shouldn't be hard. I know quite a few who didn't have internships and they got the jobs.

For consulting, you'll have to have something special on your CV anyway, some people may not have internships, but may have measured up in another way.

Cheers, i am leaning more towards actuarial work than management consultancy anyway!

Latest

Trending

Trending