The Student Room Group

Using extra sheets of paper but not mentioning it on the front.

It's far too late to change anything now but I was just wondering: for one of my OCR exams, I'd used one of those 4-page booklets as extra paper, put my name and centre number & exam number on the page, then tagged it into the 8page booklet with a treasury tag. The only thing I didn't do was write in the box that I'd used extra sheets of paper. The extras sheets will still be marked, right?
Reply 1
I would like an answer to that as well, because I did the same thing for one of my exams.
Reply 2
i cant say, but if they become disattatched somehow, they wont know youve used them
Annaconda
i cant say, but if they become disattatched somehow, they wont know youve used them

Yeah, that's what worried me, except for my last question, i hadn't finished it on the 8 pages so I had to carry onto the attached sheets. Surely they would realise?

And for another question I'd done it all wrong, crossed it out, and written "new matrice on attached sheet", so will they realise? :s-smilie: :s-smilie:

I'm really hoping the sheet doesn't being disattached, but knowing me, it prolly will. Sod's law and such.
Reply 4
I would contact the exam board, or get the school too. If it turns out you get a U on that unit because it got disattatched then you will be so pissed.
Reply 5
I'm sure it will be fine!!
I thought invigilators/exams officers checked all that stuff before it gets sent off anyway.
Reply 6
Your school's exam officers will check everything before sending the exams off, so unless you are extremely unlucky, and your extra sheets become detached somehow, you should be fine :wink:
Reply 7
I think it's there so that if it gets detached, they will know to look for it. So if it gets detached you have some problems.

However, I wouldn't panic, because I presume you will have filled in the extra sheets with all the information? So, even if they did all get muddled up, they would know whose it was and for what exam. Then it would filter through the system I imagine.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. At the end of the day there's not a lot you can do now (the papers will have been sent all around the country by now, and I doubt an exam board's gonna stop distribution for one extra sheet). Besides, it's unlikely that it will have been separated. :smile:
Thanks guys. That's a weight off my shoulders.
Reply 9
Yeah, the examiner will definitely get it, and if it turned up half way through marking the rest of the papers (given it's detached) they'd be obliged to mark the rest of your script and alter the marks etc, so don't worry!:smile:
Reply 10
Epitomessence
Yeah, that's what worried me, except for my last question, i hadn't finished it on the 8 pages so I had to carry onto the attached sheets. Surely they would realise?

And for another question I'd done it all wrong, crossed it out, and written "new matrice on attached sheet", so will they realise? :s-smilie: :s-smilie:

I'm really hoping the sheet doesn't being disattached, but knowing me, it prolly will. Sod's law and such.

The singular of matrices is matrix, so you'll get a U on that paper anyway.

:wink:

Nah, don't worry about it. The school check all that before they send it off. If, by some chance, the treasury tag tore through, then firstly, they'd notice the tear. Secondly, it would still be sent to them, and sent to the relevant examiner as it would contain your number, paper reference, etc. I don't think I ever used the "additional sheets" box when I use sheets, and it's never hurt me.
Reply 11
I didn't write on the front that I'd used additional pages.

But it won't matter, cos I tagged the additional page, and wrote my candidate number on the front.

It won't matter, it's probably a fairly common mistake.
I also forget to do that and mine always get marked so you will be fine
As long as it is tagged on and headed up you should be fine, and it shouldn't fall off and not be marked. If by any chance you get a mark much lower than you expect you could check that it has all been marked. Or contact your centre now to let them know, they will have dealt with it before and can probably reassure you that there is nothing to worry about.
Reply 14
yeah i did the same thing in my literature gsce, i really hope it doesn't affect my results
Don't worry guys, I just finished unit 3 for Psych and I didn't put my name or anything on there, so if it becomes detached somehow, I'm screwed! :frown:
Reply 16
Jamsie_853
Don't worry guys, I just finished unit 3 for Psych and I didn't put my name or anything on there, so if it becomes detached somehow, I'm screwed! :frown:

Your school should check that tagged sheets have your candidate number. If you forgot to write it, I believe the school fills it in. That's all they need to identify you.
Epitomessence

Well, no; you might just have written that and then run out of time unexpectedly. But if they see a sheet with your candidate and centre number on it, they are obliged to mark it, and they will do so. The only way this'll be a problem is if the attached sheets actually get lost - which they almost certainly won't do. You only need to write how many extra sheets you've used (a) in case they get lost, and (b) to make the examiner's life easy.

For what it's worth, I sat four university exams using about 20 sheets of (loose) paper for each one, and didn't write sheet numbers or fill in the box asking me how many sheets I used. :p:

Latest