The Student Room Group

A2 Psychology Coursework

Just a few quick questions:

(a) Do graphs and calculations have to be in the main text or can you solely refer to them in you appendix?
(b) Would you call is Appendices I, II, III, for each new section or would it be Appendix I, II, III? I think it must be appendix but I'd like to know for sure!
(c) Do you have to provide a word count down the sides at certain intervals?
(d) What are the advantages of using a Mann-Whitney test and also the advantages of using this method over Chi-sqaured.

Thanks, any help would be great.
b) appendix
c) nopeeee

find out the others for you now!
x
Reply 2
SuicideCommando
b) appendix
c) nopeeee

find out the others for you now!
x

Thank you!
Reply 3
raw data should be in your appendix
graphs can be in the main text

it's appendix

you do not need to provide a word count

Mann whiteny and chi squared are for different types of data.

AQA-A
Reply 4
(a) Do graphs and calculations have to be in the main text or can you solely refer to them in you appendix?

Graphs and summary tables always go in the main text, while raw data always go in the appendices (plural).

(b) Would you call is Appendices I, II, III, for each new section or would it be Appendix I, II, III? I think it must be appendix but I'd like to know for sure!

If you have more than 1, the term is appendices, not appendix, so it would be appendices 1, 2 etc.

No, but if you can this would be helpful.

(d) What are the advantages of using a Mann-Whitney test and also the advantages of using this method over Chi-sqaured.

Ok, a mann-whitney test can be used if you have an indpendent groups design, are looking for a difference and have at least ordinal (ranking data), so the advantage is that the test is more powerful because you have a higher level of data

Hope this info answers your questions!

Ice Mario

A-Level Psychology Teacher

Essex
Reply 5
ice mario

Graphs and summary tables always go in the main text, while raw data always go in the appendices (plural).

If you have more than 1, the term is appendices, not appendix, so it would be appendices 1, 2 etc.

No, but if you can this would be helpful.

Ok, a mann-whitney test can be used if you have an indpendent groups design, are looking for a difference and have at least ordinal (ranking data), so the advantage is that the test is more powerful because you have a higher level of data

Hope this info answers your questions!

Ice Mario

A-Level Psychology Teacher

Essex

That's perfect, thanks!
Reply 6
Hi
Im probably meant to post this in a new thread, but I dont know how :s-smilie:

Basically, I've done the Mann-Whitney U test for my results, but the U result has come out at negative 9.5.

Totally pulling my hair out about this. If anyone knows what went wrong, could they let me know?

Latest

Trending

Trending