The Student Room Group
Reply 1
If you're over 19 you will prob have to pay for it.
If you're over 19 and don't have any level 3 qualifications already, you might get it free.
I was looking it up last year and they cost like £400!!
post 3 ^ even though i'll be 16? =|
Reply 4
LittleMissTwinkle
post 3 ^ even though i'll be 16? =|

definitely wont have to pay for it
if your under 19 when the course starts then education is free
you may have to pay an admin free, which would be refunded when you finish the course (if you do evening classes)
I do spanish at night school as well as 3 AS levels at school.
I didnt have to pay foor it as i am under 19.

Next year (depending on results, this being the worst case scenario) I will be taking 3 A levels at school, while resitting my AS spanish and possibly doing A2 spanish at the same time (it was just the speaking i buggered up, i know it already!)

And as i am looking at doing languages at university i may do a beginners course in russian or chinese. And it s all free. Get as much free education as possible.

As somebody mentioned you may have to pay the admin fee at first and it will be refunded later but if yu take documentation you shouldn't haev to pay anything.

Hope that all helps and makes sense.

(The spanish course i was looking at would have cost me £195 if i was over 19 but i know some were more and some were less.)

=]
Reply 6
if your 16 then no!:smile:
bighairedmike
I do spanish at night school as well as 3 AS levels at school.
I didnt have to pay foor it as i am under 19.

Next year (depending on results, this being the worst case scenario) I will be taking 3 A levels at school, while resitting my AS spanish and possibly doing A2 spanish at the same time (it was just the speaking i buggered up, i know it already!)

And as i am looking at doing languages at university i may do a beginners course in russian or chinese. And it s all free. Get as much free education as possible.

As somebody mentioned you may have to pay the admin fee at first and it will be refunded later but if yu take documentation you shouldn't haev to pay anything.

Hope that all helps and makes sense.

(The spanish course i was looking at would have cost me £195 if i was over 19 but i know some were more and some were less.)

=]

thanks for your help guys:smile: how much is the admin fee roughly?

& it would be good to hear some part time evening course experiences, like bighairedmike, mentioned:smile:

so, why did you decided to do a evening couse instead of doing it where you done your other 3 AS?
LittleMissTwinkle
thanks for your help guys:smile: how much is the admin fee roughly?

& it would be good to hear some part time evening course experiences, like bighairedmike, mentioned:smile:

so, why did you decided to do a evening couse instead of doing it where you done your other 3 AS?

I couldn't answer the first question as i really dont have a clue.

And I wanted to do French, Spanish, History and Politics at my school sixth form but there was only 2 people wanting to do spanish. I chose something else (economics) but that clashed with history and politics so i couldnt do that. My other options were to do either: Biology, Physics, Maths, P.E, Graphics, R.E or computing. I was awful at science and maths at GCSE, didnt do R.E or P.E or computing.

Really didnt want to do any of those so i looked at the possibility of doing a night course. Like i said i dont think i have done too well this year. That has been to do with a dodgy teacher who hated me and just a lack of motivation as it was once a week and nothing seemed to make sense.

The thing that annoys me most is that fact that i did better at spanish than french at gcse (although i have always loved french) and now i am much better at french than spanish. And also, we could do french with only 2 people (but thats because we had others doing fast track french a year early so we were with the A2 class) and not do spanish with 2 people.

Dont even get me started on not letting me do latin as well...

Hope this all helps. Dont mean to put you off though. =]

What subjects are yu wanting to do m'dear??

Mike. xx
bighairedmike

Dont even get me started on not letting me do latin as well...

What subjects are yu wanting to do m'dear??

haha you made me laugh!

not too sure yet, i want to receive my results then decide, but i've got a list! haha i did french at gcse, and hated it. so no languages for me:biggrin:

my list: english lit, maths, biology, chemistry, physics, economics, geography & ICT :smile: haha
so pretty much everything i hated then. =]

Thinking about it now i could have ended up doing 3 languages. But i just wish (visiting universities and realising things i am interested in) that i could haev done latin over spanish. Its much more interesting.

I was awful at chemistry, constantly messed things up and stuff.

It up to you really what you want to do. Why do yu want to do something at night school as a part time thing? And what subject for?

I would reccomend Economics or ICT out of that list as the others are all pretty intense and would need more time than just once/twice a week.

=] xx
oo okay:smile: thanks
when i was looking at doing evening courses the admin fee was £20, nothing really
it's refunded if you complete the qualification
a lot of places wont charge it, but if you look online fees and everything should be clear
^^ yeah that's nothing really:smile:

thanks.

Latest