Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Because it's only 20 miles away from Portsmouth! :biggrin:
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
I'd say because it's close enough to london for a quick trip home for the weekend, but far enough to have some freedom
...it's got a world-class reputation for research and a great shopping centre (West Quay :tongue:)!
Reply 4
Everyone is friendly and makes you welcome, people are always smiling, accommodation is wonderful value for money, there are loads of social things to do with definately something to suit everyone, the lecturers are suprisingly nice, they have a very high reputation and intend to keep it that way, its hard work but its so much fun :smile:
Reply 5
Because it has a good bus service and no hills! :biggrin:
Reply 6
djk_99
Because it has a good bus service and no hills! :biggrin:

Have you ever tried walking up Glen Eyre Road? That is a hill to me. Then again i'm from London......... :rolleyes:
Reply 7
Walking up to SUSU from Physics is a serious hill!
Sarky

Have you ever tried walking up Glen Eyre Road? That is a hill to me. Then again i'm from London......... :rolleyes:

:biggrin: It's not that bad!
Reply 9
Glen Eyre Road is a breeze compared with walking up the curvy path to the union!
Reply 10
the club and the union building are wikd and i could see myself in there. The buses are excellent and if you stay in halls you get a free bus pass

Soton is on he coast so its not far for a day trip to the beach or just goin to the sea to study if you get bored in your room.

Lastly it is only 2 hrs away from where i live in kent and even closer to london
Reply 11
ss_2k3
the club and the union building are wikd and i could see myself in there. The buses are excellent and if you stay in halls you get a free bus pass

Soton is on he coast so its not far for a day trip to the beach or just goin to the sea to study if you get bored in your room.

Lastly it is only 2 hrs away from where i live in kent and even closer to london

Sorry to burst your bubble but its not really free :smile:. It is included in the price of halls but you can opt out and keep the money (although they don't advertise that fact)
Reply 12
just for sake of curiosity...how bad is southamptons pikey problem? i heard read that the highfield campus has a particular problem with local estates, is that true?
Reply 13
Risky
just for sake of curiosity...how bad is southamptons pikey problem? i heard read that the highfield campus has a particular problem with local estates, is that true?

nah just stay out of like the housing estates... n ur fine... i mean there are like quite a few on the highstreet on saturday, but no more than other places...(esp pompey lol :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:)
cos it smells nice :smile:
...the staff are uber-friendly :smile:
Reply 16
PQ
There's a lot of rumour about the flowers estate (all the streets are named after different flowers) but I've never actually heard of a REAL problem there. Like any estate it's not a good idea to walk through on a £300 mobile with an ipod sticking out your pocket shouting down your phone in a posh accent....but that's common sense really.

The other "bad" area is St Mary's in the town centre - and having lived there for a year I can reassure you that it's all a bunch of rumours...apart from having more than it's fair share of "adult" stores there's nothing wrong with the place....my car got vandalised repeatedly in a posh suburb of bournemouth, it sat outside my flat in St Mary's for a year without being touched.

ooo where in st marys did u live i have a friend who lives nxt to the chemist opposite the fire station
Reply 17
...it looks nice!
Reply 18
PQ
Do you know where Lime st car park is? I used to live in 1 Lime st....just by debenhams (NOT good for my overdraft). Little 2 bed maisonette on the edge of the estate:smile: used to cost £450 per month in rent.

theres the NICEST chippy on that road... but quite a few chavs round there

Latest

Trending

Trending