The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Oh, you were there too? :biggrin:
Reply 21
i would quite like an offer from uea or a letter of some sort saying something!!!
Just got an email from Bristol....

........Please bear in mind that in view of the necessity to consider the LNAT
scores, we do not anticipate making any offers until the middle of January.

Regards
Matti Punt

So it seems that Bristol at least, deem the results very important, and won't be pfffering places till mid-January at the earliest.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I cant wait that long!!!!!!!!!!! Although, if Brums are out soon im happy!

Lauren
goldenbarnes

Regards
Matti Punt

So it seems that Bristol at least, deem the results very important, and won't be pfffering places till mid-January at the earliest.

This could just be because they are factoring the score into the calculation they make for applicants'. The LNAT is only given the weight of 2/5 an A Level: hardly that much. And consider the key word- scores- indicating that they won't use the essay.
Reply 25
Dreama
Oh, you were there too? :biggrin:

Where were you? :smile:

Rob
Reply 26
RobSharpe
According to UEA... the ones that they have so far range bwteen 9 and 18 I think they said...

Rob

Really? I have a feeling I got 16 (though realistically I was aiming between 18-20)...but I guess we won't know till jan. :rolleyes:
Reply 27
goldenbarnes

Or, alternatively, it simply deems them worthy of consideration as a tertiary factor for discrimination between the multitude of straight 'A' applicants, with dazzling personal statements, who will inevitably have applied there. Which would go without saying, IMHO.
Reply 28
goldenbarnes

Regards
Matti Punt

Matti Punt? I'm quite certain I met him on the day that we chose to visit Bristol. I was debating afterwards with my mother as to whether he was Welsh, or German; I was certain that I had detected a Germanic inflection to his tone of voice, but my mother insisted that it was a Welsh lilt, and nothing more. However, he did appear nonetheless foreign to my eyes; if anything, I think this settles the dispute in my favour :biggrin:
Reply 29
Misbah Imtiaz
Really? I have a feeling I got 16 (though realistically I was aiming between 18-20)...but I guess we won't know till jan. :rolleyes:

Likewise. I think that 16 would be a conservative estimate, as far as I'm concerned. Ideally, it would fall around the 22 mark; but given the ambiguity of several questions, such an expectation probably isn't realistic.

Who else sat the LNAT in Birmingham?
Reply 30
Profesh... when you post here, are you taking the piss, or do you actually speak like that?

Rob
Reply 31
RobSharpe
Profesh... when you post here, are you taking the piss, or do you actually speak like that?

I doubt many of us speak how we type. Look at Lionel :rolleyes:
Reply 32
Profesh
Ideally, it would fall around the 22 mark; but given the ambiguity of several questions, such an expectation probably isn't realistic.

I'd be exceptionally surprised if you got 22. In fact, I'd eat my hat.
Reply 33
jcw

jcw, just out of interest are you involved in the LNAT scheme. You seem pretty knowledgeable on it.
Reply 34
jcw

As would I. Be exceptionally suprised, that is :wink:
Reply 35
muncrun
jcw, just out of interest are you involved in the LNAT scheme. You seem pretty knowledgeable on it.

I did (until yesterday) sit as the student representative on the Faculty Board of Law (which is the group that runs the Law Faculty in Cambridge). I've seen LNAT grow from a proposal to a successful first-run. Hell, I even voted to make you guys do it :tongue:
Reply 36
i rekon i got about 2 on the LNAT id did not have a clue what i was reading. i didn't know what 1/2 the words meant and i ran out of time. so 2 would b by far a fair estimate.
Reply 37
jcw
I even voted to make you guys do it :tongue:

evil :tongue:
Reply 38
jcw
I even voted to make you guys do it :tongue:

Repeating what Misbah just said......youre EVIL :tongue:
Profesh
I doubt many of us speak how we type. Look at Lionel :rolleyes:

You should have been my translator when I had a law lecture with the Law Commission and the Institute of Advanced Legal Studies yesterday... :rolleyes: The speaker was Mr Justice Toulson.

Latest

Trending

Trending