The Student Room Group

Working memory coursework.

Ok the experiment is to see whether visually presented words are restructered, via subvocal rehearsal (i.e. by rehearsing it in your head) to enter the phonological store.

As articulatory suppression shows that visually presented words use sub vocal rehearsing to get into the store, the phonological similarity effect will show whether or not it actually is in the store in the same way when it is auditory presented words. So to test this one would need to present similar/dissimilar words to participants half of which learn in silence whilst the other half learn with articulatory suppression.

Ok, that's what the experiment is and what the introduction will lead into but I don't know how to start and what studies to put into it and how many studies to put. I need a hypothesis as well :/

And how do I talk about the 95% confidence interval and standard deviation in the results bit?
OK, so let me get this straight... You are seeing whether articulatory suppression will have a detrimental effect on working memory, with the added workload for the phonological loop? If that's right, that's the experimental hypothesis... The null hypothesis is that articulatory suppression will have no effect on working memory. I assume you are going to measure how many words they can remember, and compare them?

Is this A Level c/w or degree level?

The 95% confidence interval is the interval in which you are sure that the results are due to chance, so if the levels for your two groups overlap, then the results aren't statistically significant. The standard deviation shows the variety of results in the group, so a high number would show lots of individual variation within the group
Is it relevant to describe appropriate models i.e. multi store model and working memory model in detail as a general introduction before going specific or should I go straight into the studies?

Latest

Trending

Trending