The Student Room Group

Quick Contract question

I have received my contract coursework title basically based on Offer and Acceptance only with minor reflection on Consideration but not much....can anyone help me to structure an essay i did Tort last year found my essay quite easy to start but this one i am struggling with......just thinking what the best way is to get help.....shall i write the question here?? Or shall i ask for help paragraph by paragraph....any help would be much appreciated i only have 3 weeks to hand it in.....my materials are ready it's just how to start the essay.....

cheers xxx
Reply 1
I have the same problem! I know what to put but dunno how to put it. (see my post a little further down to yours in the forum) I think you should start off by stating the law that applies and giving a little bit of relevant detail as to what the law says and then go into how this relates to your scenario and then say what the law would say about this scenario and what the most likely outcome would be and what kind of "damages" the person you are advising would be entitled to. You must remember though not to say "this will happen and that will happen" you must explore the possibilities and say "this may happen if this, this and this criteria is met" I hope this helps! If you want to post your question I will give you some pointers if you want? I did A level law and did ok so might be able to help.
Reply 2
i have just started doing an essay on the same sort of thing. its really hard! but now ive got started im ok. not sure how good its gonna b tho!
Reply 3
See my reply on the 'criminal law essay' thread.
Reply 4
tinka
I have received my contract coursework title basically based on Offer and Acceptance only with minor reflection on Consideration but not much....can anyone help me to structure an essay i did Tort last year found my essay quite easy to start but this one i am struggling with......just thinking what the best way is to get help.....shall i write the question here?? Or shall i ask for help paragraph by paragraph....any help would be much appreciated i only have 3 weeks to hand it in.....my materials are ready it's just how to start the essay.....

cheers xxx

A generic question, so here's a generic answer.

Start out by outlining what are the ingredients for forming a valid contract; offer, acceptance, consideration, and legality etc.

Then apply these to the circumstances of your case. Is there an offer? Was it accepted? Is there good consideration etc? This is the bulk of the essay and where you'll probably need to apply relevant case law as back up to your findings.

Then, you need to summarize. What are you being asked to do.....advise somebody? Then do so. If there is a contract and it has been breached go on to advise of possible remedies; damages/specific performance as required.

That's how I tend to tackle contract questions. Works for me.....never flunked an essay/exam yet!
Reply 5
Many thanks to everyone who has replied.......its all fantastic advise what i may do tomorrow as im working is just write the question to see if anyone has any starting points....i just think writing the question out on a forum like this is a bit cheeky but i shall also present what principles i think are based where in the question.....again lots of thank yous xxxx

Latest

Trending

Trending