The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

As opposed to what?
Erm... what? :confused:
Reply 3
Yeah, what's the alternative? Going to Oxbridge and.....not getting a degree?
If you mean would I go to just for the sake of getting an Oxbridge degree, then the answer's no. There's no point spending 3-5 years being miserable at a uni you don't necessarily want to be at, just for the sake of getting an Oxbridge degree :smile:
Reply 5
Go to Oxbridge for its own sake, regadless of whether it's the right environment for you?
Reply 6
I think he means going there because you like the environment, the teaching methods...etc..
Reply 7
The OP's grammar makes me want to cry because the post just doesn't make sense.
*River
The OP's grammar makes me want to cry because the post just doesn't make sense.

The grammar in his username is just as bad! :soc:
River85
Go to Oxbridge for its own sake, regadless of whether it's the right environment for you?

:smile: That's what I meant - would you go to oxbridge just for the sake of getting a top-rated degree, even if it evens living in an environment you can't handle, or a subject which you are not interested in?
i would if it was the degree i wanted to do
Reply 11
im so academic
:smile: That's what I meant - would you go to oxbridge just for the sake of getting a top-rated degree, even if it evens living in an environment you can't handle, or a subject which you are not interested in?

I think anyone who did that would be very foolish, especially as there are some excellent universities outside of Oxbridge (that can rival them in a number of departments).
Audrey Hepburn
The grammar in his username is just as bad! :soc:

:mad: i FiNdd taht VRY ruDE !
No I'm wanting to go to Oxford also for the cultural side, and in the hope that I may meet people like myself...and terrible grammar btw...
Reply 14
No because there are lots of other universities that give excellent degrees too - if not the same in some courses - : S :smile:
im so academic

Noooooooo! You'd end up being miserable. It's not worth it!

:smile:
Reply 16
What a pointless question. And a badly worded, grammar-unconscious one at that.

For the record, though...my answer's a resounding "no" -- if by "degree" you simply mean qualification. If by "degree" you mean the entire course I'm studying, the answer's yes yes yes. Absolutely love it. Have done throughout.

But as you completely fail to define the terms of your question...

...okay, I'll stop moaning. For now. But really, dude, state what you actually mean.
Reply 17
Clear enough question IMO-and no, I wouldn't. In my opinion, lots of pressure and exertion, would dislike the lack of free/social time, and would prob not have found oxbridge students to be my cup of tea aquaintance-wise.
Reply 18
Well, no, it's a relaly badly-worded question that (a) doesn't define its terms (i.e. "degree", particularly), and (b) is grammatically horrible!

And you seem to have absolutely NO idea what Oxbridge is actually like for a great many of us. (Some kind it awfully pressured and a nightmare; most really quite enjoy it. Many love it, absolutely). There's no lack of social time (only insofar as we set our own limits -- I've certainly stayed in and worked rather than going out on several occasions, but that's because I *want* to!). And the pressure needn't be that great -- most of it comes from the individual students' personalities and expectations, rather than external pressure (though there is a large element of that, too). As for the people...they're just people. All types. If you coudn't find anyone you like then it's *you* who would be the odd one, not everyone else. :p:
Oh, Christ, no. I wouldn't survive if I didn't love it there.

Latest

Trending

Trending