The Student Room Group

Pembroke college interview questions(sPS)

OK,

So I have a little pb.Since I applied via open application I didn't choose my college.I've been allocated to Pembroke but when I'll be at my interview the only thing I can say about why I applied there is for two reasons.

The lovely garden as it's one of the best in Cambridge and also for the small size of the student body as I do not like big schools that are like factories.To prove this I can say that having been at the French Lycee in London where there are 3000 students I do not want to relive the same experience.

Any other suggestions as to why Pembroke ?Other comments about any other possible questions or interviewers would also be cool.

Thanks
Reply 1
I don't think they ask these kind of questions any more. I wasn't asked.
Reply 2
I did once hear a story about somebody getting pooled and then asked why they chose the college they were pooled to. They spent several minutes going on about how wonderful it was, and once they'd finished the tutor asked them, "So why did you apply to your first choice college?"
Reply 3
Acaila
I did once hear a story about somebody getting pooled and then asked why they chose the college they were pooled to. They spent several minutes going on about how wonderful it was, and once they'd finished the tutor asked them, "So why did you apply to your first choice college?"

why would they ask why you applied to a college they know you didn't choose? pool interviews are a month later than normal interviews, it's going to be pretty obvious that they didn't apply there in the first place... :confused:
Reply 4
you dont have to make up spurious reasons why you chose the place . they are unlikely to ask but if they do i think its better to be honest and say i made an open application, but im really glad i was allocated here because now ive visited it etc it seems so great. or whatever.

Latest

Trending

Trending