The Student Room Group

What to wear?

I applied for a job online for some company (A|Wear...?) and I received this email:

Thank you for taking the time to apply for the position of Part Time Sales Consultant with A|wear.

Congratulations you have now been selected to attend our Recruitment Open Day where we are inviting you to meet one of our Company representatives, who would like take the opportunity to carry out a screening interview with you.

Details of the open day are as follows:

Date: Thursday 10th July 2008
Time: Between 1.00pm and 4.00pm*

* Please feel free to come along any time between 1.00pm and 4.00pm. However, please be advised that there may be a waiting time of up to 30 minutes.

We would appreciate if you would bring along a copy of your most recent CV, a copy of your birth certificate and your National Insurance Number or evidence of right to work in the U.K.

If you would like the opportunity to meet with one of our team at the open day we would ask that you would reply to this email indicating your attendance.

Thank you for your interest in A|wear and we look forward to meeting you.

Regards

[email protected]
www.awear.ie
;

-------------------------

Anyway, I don't know if this is an actual interview or what. I wanna know if I should be dressing formally or not 'cause the email makes it sound very informal, so I'm confused. (Can you tell I've never had a job? Haha.)
Reply 1
I'd do smart casual personally. It sounds like a big interview session, only informally run.
Can't go wrong with smart casual.
Smart casual it is. Thanks dudes.
Reply 4
Go nekkid. :teeth:
Reply 5
Hey, I've got the same email as you but my interview is on the 24th. What did you end up wearing and what was the interview like. I've never had a job before either so can you give me some tips? Thanks

Latest

Trending

Trending