The Student Room Group

Pregnancy Scares... your stories.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Also, to all the girls who DID get pregnant... can I ask you if you used the morning after pill or not?

I'd be really disheartened to find someone who did use the MAP and got pregnant regardless.

If you did get pregnant despite the MAP, how long did you wait before taking the MAP, where in your cycle were you and so on?
Anonymous
I've very sorry to hear your story =[. I hope it doesn't have to apply to my girlfriend and I...

I'm sure it won't, you seem to have been a lot smarter about all this than I was. I'm sure you'll be ok :hugs:
Reply 22
Anonymous
What's your opinion on the timing, with regards to her menstrual cycle?

Had period.
2 weeks later gets paranoid and takes pill, although no real reason for it.
1 week later condom slips off and we take the pill again.

The period will probably be delayed by all those hormones, plus the stress of the entire charade. But with regards to pregnancy... how likely is it that the sperm and egg would have survived 2 doses of MAP a week between each other and given that the 2nd time it was administered 2 hours after the accident and the first time there was no accident, given that in her normal cycle she was 1 week from her period?

No one can answer that - as much as it'd be nice and comforting. Take heart in the fact that the MAP is fairly good at what it does though; especially taken so early.

Can your girlfriend recall ovulating (kinda like mild period pains sometimes, mucus changes etc :p:)

But what might ease your worry is that it's not guaranteed - EVEN IF the egg were out and EVEN IF some sperm got through, nothing says it would happen. People actively try to get pregnant for ages, timing it perfectly, and just aren't so lucky!
once. stupidly, no condom.
i was like a week late, which scared me so so much considering i'm normally dead on. to be honest though, after that i will never EVER put myself in that position again, so maybe such a scare was a good thing.
Anonymous
Also, to all the girls who DID get pregnant... can I ask you if you used the morning after pill or not?

I'd be really disheartened to find someone who did use the MAP and got pregnant regardless.

If you did get pregnant despite the MAP, how long did you wait before taking the MAP, where in your cycle were you and so on?

I did take it, but i took it 2days later as the family clinic was closed, i was also in the part of my period where you are most likely to get pregnant.
Reply 25
suek
No one can answer that - as much as it'd be nice and comforting. Take heart in the fact that the MAP is fairly good at what it does though; especially taken so early.

Can your girlfriend recall ovulating (kinda like mild period pains sometimes, mucus changes etc :p:)

But what might ease your worry is that it's not guaranteed - EVEN IF the egg were out and EVEN IF some sperm got through, nothing says it would happen. People actively try to get pregnant for ages, timing it perfectly, and just aren't so lucky!

Well, she usually gets tender breasts around a week before her period, and she said her breasts were "a bit" tender today and "felt different". And today is the day after the accident. But that could be a side-effect of the pill, although I'd love to take it as a gesture that the period is pending.
Reply 26
__natalie__
once. stupidly, no condom.
i was like a week late, which scared me so so much considering i'm normally dead on. to be honest though, after that i will never EVER put myself in that position again, so maybe such a scare was a good thing.

Yeah, hopefully we'll be able to say the same about our little experience in the weeks to come. Fingers crossed.
have them all the time! mainly because im a bit silly...

but this month im having a real scare because for the first time ever me an my bf had unprotected sex(was on the pill but stoped because of meds) so...just got to wait n see what happens
Ive lost count of the number of scares I have had, although (like someone else has said) I'm regular to the day so if I am one day late I panic. Taken the MAP once and wasn't pregnant after that time

Been pregnant once due to unprotected sex with my partner, had a miscarriage at 16 weeks, was going through with it.

You & your gf sound very sensible for getting the MAP so soon, so I'm sure you will be fine OP. :smile:
Anonymous
Yeah, hopefully we'll be able to say the same about our little experience in the weeks to come. Fingers crossed.

yeah, honestly i wouldn't worry too much about it.
i'll keep my fingers crossed for you as well :smile:.
I just get stupidly worried sometimes that my implant doesn't actually work :s-smilie: Pretty sure it must work though...The messed up periods thanks to that mean that there are never any scares though just the occasional little worry.
Reply 31
Gods, no proper scares.. but, well, if i sleep with someone, with a large period of 'inactivity' afterwards, i always ALWAYS get paranoid.. even if my period still comes. Mainly becuase i really don't have the most amazing judgement in men, so it's a 'oh gods, not only would i be pregnant, but it would be HIS' kinda thing. The thought of taking a test always terrifies me, however... because i have no idea what i would do if it was positive. Eek. Commitment= big no no for Ally.
Thankfully, my periods seem to be regular as clockwork these days, so i'd soon know :smile:

Big :hugs: to all you gals (and guys) who have gone through this all for real (not just the paranoia a la moi :rolleyes: )
Reply 32
Well this is great so far. A lot of promising stories and support.

Keep them coming.

And thank you again.

I'll be sure to post and let you guys know what the deal is... were we pregnant or were we not?

Watch this space.
princess_sue

Been pregnant once due to unprotected sex with my partner, had a miscarriage at 16 weeks, was going through with it.

I'm sorry to hear that - it must have been an awful thing to go through :hugs:
Me and my bf were just using the comdom before i went on the pill however the comdoms slipped off/split twice we used the M.A.P twice, he's quite big in that department so thats why.

Anyway i came on my period really heavy for the first one and my second came a couple of days late but i came on.

I ended up going on the pill but not for that reason. I've never known if i was ever pregnant or not though.
I had a pregnancy scare - turned out I was pregnant - she's nearly 3 now :wink:
Pregnancy scares are so stressful. Being really paranoid about it makes the situation worse, especially when it puts you off having sex. Mine happened when I'd just lost my virginity, a couple of weeks afterwards, whilst having sex my ex took the condom off as it didn't fit, and was too selfish to tell me! (I didn't realise, he must have done it pretty fast & sneakily) Anyway, he withdrew but after I found out he wasn't wearing one, I panicked and spent the next 3 days trying to find a contraceptive clinic - too scared to visit the doctor as I spent alot of time there with my mum after being diagnosed with anaemia...
Eventually I told a close friend & their mum took me to their doctors and managed to get the morning after pill. Didn't think I had contracted any STIs as we were both virgins & it was both our first sexually active relationship.
Mostly me being paranoid but you never know, better to be safe than sorry :smile:
Anonymous
Well, I'm in the middle of a pregnancy scare.

I wasn't silly, I wrapped my willy. But apparently not tight enough, because it managed to come off at some point and without us realising. So I ejaculated inside her and now of course we have our scare.

We went and got the morning after pill immediately, and within 2 hours she had taken it.

But I'm still a bit worried, as I'm sure most people would be.

I've talked to a few of my mates, and a few people on MSN to get the general jist of just how common scares are. And so far I've only come across like 2 people who haven't had scares! And none of them have babies, so it's quite comforting to know that it's so common and that most of the time nothing comes of it.

So here I am on TSR looking for more comforting stories. How did your scare come about? No condom? Condom slip? Burst condom? Other? Did you get the morning after pill? What was the outcome? Etc.

I know what we did was silly... not paying enough attention to the condom and not realising it had come off, but please don't be posting anything about us being stupid and immature etc etc. We're not. And such criticism is not constructive.

Also don't de-anon, she's a user of this forum and I don't want her to know I'm worried... lest she be more worried than she is.

Thanks.

I can remember a condom burst and taking the morning after pill too, i wasn't pregnant. Also stupidly used the withdrawal method once and spent the whole month praying that i wasn't pregnant. i wasn't. Best thing to do is wait for her period to come (which it is more than likely to) and tell her to go on the pill, as well as using the condoms.
I've had approximately a million, but I'm a natural worrier. Only got through to taking a test twice, but to be honest had no real reason to. This is when for example I had taken my pill 3 hours late or had unprotected sex two weeks after coming off antibiotics. However, you can't be too careful!
To be honest, although not everyone is bad, I know loads of people like me. Everyone worries, and I'd go as far to say the majority of people go as far as an actual "scare" too.
neonbluebird
Pregnancy scares are so stressful. Being really paranoid about it makes the situation worse, especially when it puts you off having sex. Mine happened when I'd just lost my virginity, a couple of weeks afterwards, whilst having sex my ex took the condom off as it didn't fit, and was too selfish to tell me! (I didn't realise, he must have done it pretty fast & sneakily) Anyway, he withdrew but after I found out he wasn't wearing one, I panicked and spent the next 3 days trying to find a contraceptive clinic - too scared to visit the doctor as I spent alot of time there with my mum after being diagnosed with anaemia...
Eventually I told a close friend & their mum took me to their doctors and managed to get the morning after pill. Didn't think I had contracted any STIs as we were both virgins & it was both our first sexually active relationship.
Mostly me being paranoid but you never know, better to be safe than sorry :smile:

What a complete and utter ****!!!! Poor you least you managed to get away from him and very lucky with the M.A.P

You have very lovely friends :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending