The Student Room Group

Pregnancy Scares... your stories.

Scroll to see replies

neonbluebird
Yes!! I'm so glad I did, he actually broke up with me & Being young and naive I didn't realise (he was 2 years older than me) that he pretty much used me for his 'first shag'. He never did anything for me in the bedroom, and having sex would always be at his command, with no love involved.
Now I'm with someone who appreciates me & who I love very much, and I wish I'd waited to find him first instead of rushing into things with that ****!

The best thing is though you found someone who is worth yourself and you know that you can stay away from him. My ex keeps said to my current bf that he had me first. If he ever said to my face, simple you a liar or a rapist?

On topic: The pill for me has been a god send, just never use two, my bs mate thinks that works, we've never used two before though. Only one at a time.
Reply 61
I had one scare a few weeks ago when I was sharing this bed with a guy and we had just had sex and he didnt have any more condoms and while I was about to go to sleep he decided to enter me being caught up in the moment, I reminded him half way to pull-out. So towards the end he was a bit late and I think he pull out and "" right outside of me. I was so freaked and then my period came 11 days late, but on the due date I took a pregnancy test and it was negative. But that didnt calm me til I saw my period then I did a happy dance. lol.
Ive had 2. took MAP 13 hours after both, went on the pill straight after that no worth the stress
scraceus999
woweey! so how old were you when you got pregnant? do you regret it? (btw im sorry if those are WAYY to personal questions, tell me if im out of place :smile: )

about_my_bow
methinks, going by her profile age (24) and the fact that her daughter is almost 3, she was either 21/22

lol yeh I was just turned 21 (less than a month after my birthday) when I got pregnant.

And no I don't regret it at all. I totally freaked out when I found out I was pregnant though - I bawled my eyes out for days.
But it turned out fine - I love my daughter to pieces - so much so that we deliberately tried for another one - tried for 8 months before getting pregnant again, so now I have two kiddos :smile:
my sisters friend had unprotected sex with her boyfriend(they are like 14 or something) he came, and got the pill of some back street guy..WHAT A *******?
I think a lot of "scares" are paranoia. Like things are fine, but you have the niggling doubt in your head. For instance, never an obviously broken condom, but period's 5 days late!
I mean, I *know* I'm not pregnant. Or if I am, I'm very unlucky! Doesn't stop me worrying though!

Basically, me and this guy both ended up in bed not wearing much after a little too much alcohol had been consumed. I'm still a virgin because he didn't "enter" me, but got very close to it. I'm pretty sure he didn't even ejaculate, just pre-cum. And that was when he was further away from me.
Since then, I've had 2 periods 2 or 3 weeks apart. But neither have been "normal" for me. Sorry for the grossness, but it didn't contain enough lining for me! I've also felt bloated and had stomach aches and felt nausea for about a month!
There's explanations for it all. I've never been regular and I haven't been eating properly recently for example. And the paranoia has more than likely played a part too! Mainly with the nausea I think! Still hasn't stopped me worrying.
I dread to think what I'll be like when I actually have sex! But it won't be any time soon.... I know that for sure!

HOWEVER, I highly doubt you have anything to worry about! Taking the MAP within 2 hours of it happening very greatly reduces the chance of pregnancy. If your girlfriend still hasn't has a period this time next month, then start worrying!
PinkMobilePhone
lol yeh I was just turned 21 (less than a month after my birthday) when I got pregnant.

And no I don't regret it at all. I totally freaked out when I found out I was pregnant though - I bawled my eyes out for days.
But it turned out fine - I love my daughter to pieces - so much so that we deliberately tried for another one - tried for 8 months before getting pregnant again, so now I have two kiddos :smile:

Just to add, Your children are beautiful. :smile:
about_my_bow
Just to add, Your children are beautiful. :smile:

:smile: thanks
i've taken like, 5 preg tests. mainly due to being paranoid, but one time i was a week late
Reply 69
I've never actually taken a pregnancy test :O

The logical part in my brain now though says if I ever were to get pregnant now, I'd end up having a baby.

I always thought I'd be ok to have an abortion etc but the more I think about it now at least, the more I feel I couldn't/wouldn't. I guess I'm just older now, and in your 20s, as PMP was too, it's hardly the worst thing in the world to have a child is it?

Of course, that doesn't change the fact that I'm not wanting one now at all, being just about to go to uni and only in a new relationship (although seeing pics of my boyfriend with his then newborn niece did make me melt :p:), it's not the ideal time at all.

Random ramblings. But I'd want to wait a few years anyway :wink:
I had one scare and turned out to be pregnant so I guess I was just unlucky. (or lucky?- now she is here!) Mix up with my Pill and not consistent with condoms.

Haven't had a scare since. :smile:
Once I was 2 weeks late, so yeah, this freaked me out a lot even though we had been careful ( I wasn't on the pill but we always used condoms ). But it turned out it was probably because I was worried about my final exams :smile: No kid :p: :p:
Reply 72
Good thread :smile:.
Emmy_Rose
I know how you feel. I'm also on cerazette (which is a God send I must add) and I had a scare when i first went on it. I was on it a month before I has unprotected sex with my boyfriend. After that I waited and waited for some sort of bleeding and I didn't get any so I thought I was pregnant. So I took a test and it was negative. Went to the doctors because I was still worried and it turned out that Cerazette had just stopped my periods all together (a warned side effect). So depending on how long you have been on it, it may have just stopped your periods. I havn't had one in about 6 months now so I deffo know that I can't get pregnant.

xx

Do you think Cerazette may have just stopped my periods? I've heard stories that this can happen even after a few months of taking it and still having periods. I think it's either really late or this has happened. I doubt after a week late the test would be wrong...although im sure someone will tell me otherwise...
Anonymous
Do you think Cerazette may have just stopped my periods? I've heard stories that this can happen even after a few months of taking it and still having periods. I think it's either really late or this has happened. I doubt after a week late the test would be wrong...although im sure someone will tell me otherwise...

I haven't had a single one on Cerazette so I think it's perfectly normal if it has stopped them.

In response to the original Q, I have had sooooo many pregnancy scares... not because I'm careless, just because I'm extra paranoid. I've wasted so much money on pregnancy tests - although I suppose it isn't wasted when it's for peace of mind in the end.

I've had a few friends take the MAP and none of them have ever got pregnant. Hope it all goes the right way for you and your girlfriend, OP. :smile:
Reply 75
Anonymous

Cerazette is well known for either causing prolonged light bleeding or none at all. It could be that it has stopped your periods completley or that it has just made the irregular. If the test is negative then you shouldn't have anything to worry about. Maybe leave it a bit longer and take another test if you are still worried..just in case. Personally I would put it down to the cerazette though.

xxx
Reply 76
The MAP does, as a rule, work OP so I don't think you've got much to worry about. Especially as you did it within 2 hours!

However, I took it within 24 hours (we just didn't use anything, silly) and I'm now 9 weeks pregnant. I hope my boyfriend doesn't use this site, actually because I'm not sure how to tell him.. :/
Reply 77
.Louise.
The MAP does, as a rule, work OP so I don't think you've got much to worry about. Especially as you did it within 2 hours!

However, I took it within 24 hours (we just didn't use anything, silly) and I'm now 9 weeks pregnant. I hope my boyfriend doesn't use this site, actually because I'm not sure how to tell him.. :/

You must be kidding me... this post has really given me the ****s :|
Reply 78
.Louise.

Is it not possible that you were pregnant from a time before you used the pill, or a time after you used the pill, perhaps????

You have to tell your boyfriend btw, and soon. His life has changed completely and he doesn't even know it...
Reply 79
Anonymous
You must be kidding me... this post has really given me the ****s :|

Oh crap it wasn't meant to! I'm really really sorry..... aaaah noooo! I was just useless at getting the pill and one time before that I didn't even take it so that might of been it too! (That would slightly mess the dates up but I didn't really understand anyway:p: )

Don't worry, really! Taking the MAP 2 hours afterwards, forgive me if I'm wrong but I always assumed that had the same effect as normal contraception!

Really sorry for freaking you out, I feel terrible:frown:

Quick Reply