The Student Room Group

Nude photo shoot

Ive been thinking about getting a 'makeover' photo shoot for a while, and treating myself..just as a nice remainder for when im older of how beautiful i was when i was 18..

Then i thought..why not go naked? I mean womens bodies change when they get older, and i know mine is..my cellulite will worsen, my boobs will head furthur south, and naturally..with the ambition of having childbirth, stretch marks will arrive and wrinkles will no doubt appear. Something i can show my grandchildren and say..look how fit your grandma was lol

and i want a photo of me..as an 18yr old female in the prime of life, with all lumps and bumps, looking fabuloso..

my questions are this:
1. has anyone ever had a nude photo shoot
2. any reccomendations, tips??
3. Would you ever do it?
4. Should i do it, or am i doing it for all the wrong reasons?

Scroll to see replies

Good on you for having the confidence for getting it done! I wouldn't because I know I would positively HATE to look at photos of myself naked!
Reply 2
Well if you do it get it done us guys expect the pics to be posted up here... lol
Go for it! I've never done one myself (partially because a: no-one wants to see me nude!! and b: I prefer being on the other side of the camera :biggrin:) but I have friends who have and they all reckon it's the best fun they've ever had! As such.. I have no tips. I'm sure if you get the right photographer it's all simple anyway - au naturel, and all that jazz.
If you want to do it, go for it.

Personally, I wouldn't. Just because I have no desire to have a naked photograph of myself lol - for one thing, I've no idea where I would keep it as I certainly wouldn't want it somewhere friends/relatives could discover it lol.
Reply 5
I'll beat any quote you've got :biggrin:

Marcus
:d
Reply 7
can i see u naked?
I've modelled partially nude but nothing was on show

I think you should go for it, obviously you'll want it done tastefully so that you don't look like an export from Nuts magazine and you can sit at angles that allows you to wear a flesh coloured thong or a backless top to make you feel more confident! :smile:
anna_spanner89

my questions are this:
1. has anyone ever had a nude photo shoot
2. any reccomendations, tips??
3. Would you ever do it?
4. Should i do it, or am i doing it for all the wrong reasons?

I did a nude photo shop for my friend as part of his photography portfolio.

Recommendation-

Make sure you feel your best - Have a pamper evening before hand, a nice bubble bath, shave/wax/whatever your preference is. Eat healthy foods beforehand (you don't want to feel bloated).
Relax. It's good fun. You'll be so nervous beforehand, but as you get into it, you'll relax. On this note, make sure you book the studio for an hour - It'll definiatly give you enough time to relax, then.
Make the most of the opportunity. Be yourself, not the way you think people want you to be (so if you're flambouyant, be flambouyant. If you're not, don't try to be)

If it's what you want to do, then yes, you are doing it for the right reasons.
Reply 10
Orthala
Well if you do it get it done us guys expect the pics to be posted up here... lol

Hahaha:laugh:

But in all seriousness good on you for having the confidence!:smile:
Reply 11
They can airbrush some imperfections away! :biggrin:

Sounds saucy - go for it!
Reply 13
I would never, ever do a nude photoshoot.

People would be :puke: all over

but if its done in the way that "how to look good naked" does it, I say go for it because thats classy :smile:
Reply 14
wear a bikini? You'll still be able to appreciate the firmness of everything.. and will be able to show the picture to your grandchildren (you don't want to scare them after all with grandma's youthful nakedness!)

Otherwise, love the idea .. at 19 want to appreciate my beauty at its 'freshest' :P Would you get someone you knew to take it? x
chaseside
wear a bikini? You'll still be able to appreciate the firmness of everything.. and will be able to show the picture to your grandchildren (you don't want to scare them after all with grandma's youthful nakedness!)

Otherwise, love the idea .. at 19 want to appreciate my beauty at its 'freshest' :P Would you get someone you knew to take it? x

nah i'd rather it was someone i didn't know really..lol
Reply 16
To be fair, i personally wouldn't do it. 18 is hardly the "prime of life" - you're still young! You say with "all the lumps & bumps" too...it's something i'd treat myself to if i'd slimmed down to a decent size and had no lumps and bumps! I wouldn't wanna look back and see myself as a fatty. But this is just me personally. If you really want to be able to show yourself to your kids as an 18 year old, then go for it. But i wouldn't do it until i felt i was perfect...so practically never. Depends how much you like yourself. If you honestly think you look really good and want to show off, then yeah, do it. I'd probs slim down and wait a bit til i was older and actually looked alright - but this is just my opinion, i don't like myself as i am now so don't take my word for it!
Is the last one not full frontal?

Edit: of the examples the OP has posted.
.x.jen.x.
To be fair, i personally wouldn't do it. 18 is hardly the "prime of life" - you're still young! You say with "all the lumps & bumps" too...it's something i'd treat myself to if i'd slimmed down to a decent size and had no lumps and bumps! I wouldn't wanna look back and see myself as a fatty. But this is just me personally. If you really want to be able to show yourself to your kids as an 18 year old, then go for it. But i wouldn't do it until i felt i was perfect...so practically never. Depends how much you like yourself. If you honestly think you look really good and want to show off, then yeah, do it. I'd probs slim down and wait a bit til i was older and actually looked alright - but this is just my opinion, i don't like myself as i am now so don't take my word for it!

I did it as a size 14/16. It was really liberating, actually.
I want to get another shoot done when I'm pregnant, again nude. I really love nude+pregnant photo shoots. (No idea why! It just all seems so natural.)

Latest