The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I've done it, but it was a kinda DIY thing with a tripod and self timer. I then Photoshopped the background out. I posed with a glass of cherries because it sounded a good idea at the time! (I was 18). I like the pics, I haven't printed any of them off my comp but I should really and keep them safe. It was the same idea as you OP - you don't look good forever! I'd take some more too. :smile:
Reply 61
Are you planning on hanging it above your fireplace or framed somewhere on a table or just have it tucked away to show your grandchildren one day (though I'm not sure how they'd react to a nude photo of their grandma). My point is, if you want to take a photo of yourself, you should show it and not have it tucked away. So whether you want to have your photo taken completely nude (obviously in an artistic pose) or wearing some garment, whilst still looking nice, you should display it and if you're not planning to have your nude photo framed/displayed so to share with others, then what's the point of taking one (and paying the fee) apart from just looking at it in secrecy by yourself? So this should be the main thing to think about.
9mm
Are you planning on hanging it above your fireplace or framed somewhere on a table or just have it tucked away to show your grandchildren one day (though I'm not sure how they'd react to a nude photo of their grandma). My point is, if you want to take a photo of yourself, you should show it and not have it tucked away. So whether you want to have your photo taken completely nude (obviously in an artistic pose) or wearing some garment, whilst still looking nice, you should display it and if you're not planning to have your nude photo framed/displayed so to share with others, then what's the point of taking one (and paying the fee) apart from just looking it in secrecy by yourself?

A select few have seen some of the more descreet poses! I want to do a photoshoot with my boyfriend actually, which would mean it wouldn't just be me looking at them!! :p:
Reply 63
Did this spring from that Alesha programme last night?
It gave me the exact same idead.:ninja:
Reply 64
off-topic: I just got the image of that scene in White Chicks with Terry Crews's nude portrait hanging on his wall. :ninja:

*Star*Guitar*
A select few have seen some of the more descreet poses! I want to do a photoshoot with my boyfriend actually, which would mean it wouldn't just be me looking at them!! :p:

That sounds like a nice (romantic) idea. :p:
*Star*Guitar*

I tried to talk my partner into this.

He's having none of it. :P
Reply 66
Kudos to you.
I wish i was brave enough to do it.

But don't get it done in a studio with a white background, slutty clothing/feather boas/red silk sheets etc and smile on your face - glamour model style..it looks so tacky, it's a joke.

Go for more of a natural setting like a light airy room, big windows, sunlight, shadows on you etc

Choose your photographer carefully.

Look around on art sites, flickr, deviantart & browse professional photographers websites. Take some ideas with you. I found some absolutely beautiful nude photo's that i'd like to recreate one day.

I would post them here, but i'd probably get banned :p:

Go onto deviantart > browse > photography > people> artistic nude > most popular > all time

Some of them are amazing. You'll have to be registered to see them though.
Spotty Dog
I tried to talk my partner into this.

He's having none of it. :P

Shame, my guy is certainly up for it! :rolleyes: :p:
I'm insisting that he start off in a suit and me in a dress though - we'll work our way from there!
Reply 68
Wonder how many people checked out your profile
Reply 69
Intensity
I would post them here, but i'd probably get banned :p:

Nahhh you wouldn't. :ninja:

And

Wonder how many people checked out your profile

*Raises hand*
i'd definately do it, you can get really tasteful ones and vogue-esque or arty ones done. i've heard of a place in london that will do a shoot where you take the pose of famous naked pics or adverts like the yves saint lauren perfume advert. they can be quite expensive though i think. google it. do it.
*Star*Guitar*
Shame, my guy is certainly up for it! :rolleyes: :p:
I'm insisting that he start off in a suit and me in a dress though - we'll work our way from there!

He's very aware of his body - He sees himself as fat. (I like em with a bit of meat!)
I wouldn't, unless I looked good naked. If I haad "lumps and bumps", I wouldn't bother.

Latest