The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

RyanT
coursework+exam = final

You only average the final results so that will be your overall module mark.

i meant for the entire first year, because it's like i have 5 modules (all majors)..and one of them is 1 full unit but the others just half. put differently, is it just, for example, A+B+C/3, or A+B+B+C/4??
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 21
Zinnobelle237
i meant for the entire first year, because it's like i have 5 modules (all majors)..and one of them is 1 full unit but the others just half. put differently, is it just, for example, A+B+C/3, or A+B+B+C/4??

That
Reply 22
i only meant fail first year. I do realise that people can fail well and truly if they dont do any work... I am not natural brains, im just a good blagger but it wont pass me my degree...so now its time for the hard work/
Reply 23
What if I fail my Economics resit? Does anyone reckon they'll let me in still? They better do or else I'm bloody begging them!!! lol
Reply 24
Why are you struggling with economics? I assume you're only doing 101/102??

Its not that hard just do the questions in sloman and your tutorial questions and you should be fine.

I think you have to get over 40% in it, 45% if you want to do any more economics later on in your 2/3rd years.
Reply 25
RyanT
Why are you struggling with economics? I assume you're only doing 101/102??

Its not that hard just do the questions in sloman and your tutorial questions and you should be fine.

I think you have to get over 40% in it, 45% if you want to do any more economics later on in your 2/3rd years.

I'm only doing 102..... and I have done absolutely NO work for it so I'm bit ****ed but thanks for the tip, think I'll do the class work that I should of done properly as revision, I should get 40 then.
luke88
What if I fail my Economics resit? Does anyone reckon they'll let me in still? They better do or else I'm bloody begging them!!! lol

I think even if you fail your resit you can make an appeal directly to your Part II Director of Studies, if you had any mitigating circumstances, or just a valid reason for the University to keep you on, I am sure they'd be willing to keep on the course. :wink:
Reply 27
Are you having to revise everything? Or just micro/macro?

I found that econ was very much a logic based subject last year. Make sure you understand the diagrams and the rest should click..
Reply 28
I passed, bloody made up as well because I was ****ting one!
Martyn1989
I passed, bloody made up as well because I was ****ting one!

Same, I was so sure I'd failed!
Reply 30
LaurenFah
Same, I was so sure I'd failed!

im pretty sure that everyone thought they had screwed up...i know all my mates did and some of them got 85% lol
Reply 31
I just read on the website if you don't pass 2.5 units they'll kick you off, so I have already passed Sociology and Politics albeit with quite good grades and if I fail Economics again, surely they can't kick me out?!!! NO!!!
Reply 32
luke88
I just read on the website if you don't pass 2.5 units they'll kick you off, so I have already passed Sociology and Politics albeit with quite good grades and if I fail Economics again, surely they can't kick me out?!!! NO!!!

Luke darling, best get your head down and do some serious work for those resits, because yes, they can kick you out if you fail again. Sorry!
Reply 33
Lizj
Luke darling, best get your head down and do some serious work for those resits, because yes, they can kick you out if you fail again. Sorry!

Ah, they better not, but I am revising. :cool: Think I'll just get on with it now instead of moaning on here about it.
Reply 34
they've sent me results!

i got 29 in one subject and 56 in another subject.

however, i left in march and am restarting in october. why have they sent me results?!
Reply 35
they've sent them to everyone?
Reply 36
just thought it was a bit weird!
81% overall for my first year result. Was quite pleased about it.

(wishing now it counted towards his degree...hahaha)

Latest

Trending

Trending