The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Only guessing here but will probably be customer service skills, competency based questions. Prepare loads of examples to questions such as 'what would you do if a customer was kicking off' or 'name an example when you have worked as a team' etc.
Reply 2
i had one there, is it the clothes part? if so i got asked 'what are the current treads?' 'how would you help someone find an outfit' what would you do if they wanted a top/pants and there wasnt any in their size'

but that was 3 years ago tho but hope it kind of helps x
I got a phonecall today saying i have a job for a sale period of 4 days, and she asked me some simple questions over the phone.
She then said your induction is on Tuesday..

No interview for me...

Just wondered if you got any shifts after the sale, because i would like a job over the summer period!

Thanks.
Chris the Mathematician!
I got a phonecall today saying i have a job for a sale period of 4 days, and she asked me some simple questions over the phone.
She then said your induction is on Tuesday..

No interview for me...

Just wondered if you got any shifts after the sale, because i would like a job over the summer period!

Thanks.

It depends how well you impress over the 4 days! A couple of people I work with got their jobs by impressing during the sale, so you never know.

Be extremely helpful and don't complain about anything - should get you far - especially sale time!
Thanks small and mighty!

I thought that if i was a good boy that i would be kept on...
So yeah, i shall try impress and see what comes of it!
You're welcome :smile:

Induction tomorrow right?
Reply 7
I had the interview to day and he said he will let me know by Wednesday...I was wondering is this a good sign??? He discussed what hours I can work...
Sounds good to me! I was interviewed on a Sunday (of all days I know!) and they rang me Tuesday. They will probably let you know before Wednesday though, as sale starts 19th and they will want you in asap.
Well im in for the sale, no interview as i said above.

My induction is on tuesday, so i shall dress smart!

Good luck to all!
Reply 10
Thanks everyone...
Let hope we get the job...

What will we need to wear...cos when I went; I was told to stay in the staff room and I saw the staff wearing jeans and casual clothing...
Reply 11
4G_dollars
Thanks everyone...
Let hope we get the job...

What will we need to wear...cos when I went; I was told to stay in the staff room and I saw the staff wearing jeans and casual clothing...

Hey. I think you should look smart for your interview. I know that at my nexts you're not allowed to wear casual clothes anyway... I wore a blouse and skinny jeans with black shoes. Though you're a boy, so I would just suggest to keep it smart.
Well, as i didnt have an interview what would you suggest wearing for the induction?
I assume its smart again, perhaps some black trousers and a shirt and tie?
Reply 13
Chris the Mathematician!
Well, as i didnt have an interview what would you suggest wearing for the induction?
I assume its smart again, perhaps some black trousers and a shirt and tie?

yep.
Reply 14
Whooo got the job but regarding the induction. i was told you can whaat ever you feel comfortbale in- assuming jeans/top/verso thingies what ever they are called!
Well as i didnt get an interview i am going to dress smart for the induction...

Oh and congratulations 4G, well done!
Reply 16
Does anyone what the pay and benefits are?
Reply 17
thanks btw
Congrats! Depending how long you've got the job for will depend on benefits you get. Pay at the Next I work at is £5.71 for over 18 and £4.94 for under 18, but I think it depends on what area it is and that.
Hi guys,

I applied yesterday by handing a CV in since they said they were currently recruiting and I know they have their sale this Saturday; do you think it is likely I will be given an interview or anything like that in time for starting this Sat?

Latest

Trending

Trending