The Student Room Group

Baker Tilly?

Hi, Just wondering whether anyone knows what the starting salary at Baker tilly would be in a regional office doing Audit and Business Services? Also does anyone have any idea of how and when the salary goes up and how much you could expect to be on once you are qualified after 3 years and have done ACA?

Thanks
Reply 1
I'd guess a few £k less than the Big 4 (c. £20k) but you might get overtime.

Once you are qualified I'd almost double the initial salary for a rough idea.

The bottom line is you must pass the exams to earn the money!
Reply 2
My friend works in Leeds...I think its about 18,000
Reply 3
N.B....my brother only got 17,500 at BDO when he first started (2 years ago) he is now on well over 20,000 so they money goes up quickly
Reply 4
animalmagic1984
Hi, Just wondering whether anyone knows what the starting salary at Baker tilly would be in a regional office doing Audit and Business Services? Also does anyone have any idea of how and when the salary goes up and how much you could expect to be on once you are qualified after 3 years and have done ACA?

Thanks

Hey
I just spoke to my friend at Baker Tilly. She earns 18000 at the Leeds Office but expects it to go up to about 19500 in september. in London, you start on 24,000.
Reply 5
I thought at BT you get £18k in yr1, £24k in yr 2, £28k or something like £34k in yr 3 (when fully qualified). I got these figures from last year while talking to a BT employee.
Reply 6
aline_999
I thought at BT you get £18k in yr1, £24k in yr 2, £28k or something like £34k in yr 3 (when fully qualified). I got these figures from last year while talking to a BT employee.

Ooh I dont know, im just going by what she said, but she could just have it wrong. I think this is only a 6 month review so perhaps you are right!
Reply 7
charlord
Hey
I just spoke to my friend at Baker Tilly. She earns 18000 at the Leeds Office but expects it to go up to about 19500 in september. in London, you start on 24,000.

That's a bit strange. I wonder why salaries aren't really correlated with firm size. I have three friends who work at top 20 and top 50 firms (they joined post qual) and they offer their trainees similar salaries. I would have thought BDO and BT would offer more!

Two top 20 firms offer £23,000 and £23,500 and the top 50 unusually offers £24,000. :confused:
Reply 8

Two top 20 firms offer £23,000 and £23,500 and the top 50 unusually offers £24,000.

At which locations?

Location is crucial. Some london and SE around M25 trainee salaries are c.£26k, regional tend to be £3k-£5k less.
Reply 9
jeffm

Two top 20 firms offer £23,000 and £23,500 and the top 50 unusually offers £24,000.

At which locations?

Location is crucial. Some london and SE around M25 trainee salaries are c.£26k, regional tend to be £3k-£5k less.

Firms are all london. Top 20 firms are in central and the top 50 is a 4 office firm and my mate works at E. London office.

Charlord said that the BT salary in London is 24,000 which was why i brought it up.
Reply 10
I just started for Baker Tilly 5 weeks ago in London. I get 26.5. I guy from Tonbridge Wells gets 21.5. When I qualify. I'm guessing 42.
I thought that I should get this thread going again, just to check what the current rates may be.
Reply 12
Hi,

I will be starting at RSM (Baker Tilly changed their brand name after buying RSM Tenon) and my starting salary as a trainee auditor is probably gonna be around 24-25k. This is the Milton Keynes office.

Quick Reply