The Student Room Group

Biochem into Pharm?

I'm currently heading towards my third year of biochem with psychology, and am well on my way to obtaining a first. Problem being I have decided I wanted to go into pharmacology. I'm finding it difficult to find a way into it without a chem degree. Does anyone know of any postgrad 12 month MPharm conversion courses I can do?
Reply 1
As far as i know, there is no such thing as "postgrad 12 month MPharm conversion courses"

All MPharm course is 4years and all has to be started from year 1, no conversion or credit exchange.
Reply 2
I'm pretty sure you'd be able to find something - I'm pretty sure I've met someone who did a biochem undergrad, then pharmacology masters. However, I've never tried to do this. Google's probably your friend ..
MPharm is pharmacy not pharmacology. Which one do you want to do? :smile: If it's pharmacy then you have to start from year 1 and do the full 4 years. If it's pharmacology then you'd probably be able to get on a pharmacology masters course? Have a look at some uni sites and see what first degree they ask for.
Reply 4
Ive got the same dilema mate. Done 2 years of biochemistry but now confussed if i want to do this or pharmacology... would be nice to be able to do biochem then a year masters in pharmacology as they do seem very similar, but i dont know if or how youd do that either...confussing.

Latest

Trending

Trending