The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Get a life.
Reply 2
johnferguson1324
i have a life, by the definition i know-i'm living.
what's a life?
is it some sort of social thing? doing stuff you enjoy?- if so, i have a life. i have hobbies (this sounds daft, but too many to mention, just got grade 8 piano), and back in england, i had loads of friends. i've already met a few people here, and got off to a good start, just moved in to new house yesterday, on good terms with neighbour, got a job lined up in a local supermarket, going to join clubs in school. i've also got in contact with a band in the area, and will be playing guitar for them. lots more stuff- if that's a life?...also turned up to most parties back in england, got on well with almost everyone at school...
you've posted here almost every day, just looking at your post history-i've posted 3 times, roughly, in the last hour, and never before on one of these forums. maybe YOU should get a life. writing abusive posts like that. amazing you have any "rep" -jewel in the rough my arse. this should be a friendly place, where people are nice to each other, and help them with what they want to get help with.

your post sounded quite offensive, as your other posts have. not getting off to a good start, are we now :smile:. sorry i had to reply like that, but you're being rude. just don't post in future, if you're going to be rude. thanks.

Wow, you're annoying. :rolleyes:
Reply 3
Lol! Your post made me laugh, cheers :smile:

Edited to add- I'm so glad I left school, I can imagine EXACTLY the kind of person you are, and would have been, had I ever gone to school with you.
This bloke talks too much.

Back when I was doing exams I didn't feel the need to ask daft questions on an internet forum - neither should you!
Heh, that was quite the amusing reply.

Anyway, more back on to the topic, don't worry about it. Maths always looks daunting. I'm looking at some of my courses for next year and just thinking "oh shi....", but with subjects like multi-variable calculus and vector fields it's hard not to. I doubt there's a big jump in knowledge between what you've already got and what you're expected to know, and any gaps should be able to be filled in by your teachers.

Enjoy your holidays. If you want to do some maths purely for the sake of it, then I'd avoid calculus. It's a topic that, whilst not too complicated, will be much better grasped if taught. You could look over the syllabus and choose something that you think sounds interesting. The people over in the maths forum on these boards are always very willing (and able) to help.
Haha, how many threads have you just started?!

Higher maths looks scarier before you start it. Any maths does. I'm doing maths now and I see new stuff, and it still looks scary, because it's a heap of notation that doesn't make sense without context. The most important thing to do is make sure you've got a good foundation to work up from - if there's anything you just learnt to pass GCSE, go back to it and try to work out why it does what it does. I don't know how GCSEs work, but we used to get sheets of equations and stuff - at Int 2, they gave us the cosine rule or whatever, but once you got to Higher, you need to be able to use that stuff without looking it up. Get those things nice and solid, so that you can have them at your fingertips when you need them.

Feel free to PM me about stuff. I'm an outdated reference source, but I'll try my best =)
Reply 7
As a general rule

last years maths is easy
this years maths is hard
next years maths is impossible

Don't worry about it.
sussexy
As a general rule

last years maths is easy
this years maths is hard
next years maths is impossible

Don't worry about it.