The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Happened to me when I got mine done last. It lasted about a day or so and went. Felt like the fake nails were squeezing my real nails - does that make sense? I also found soaking my hands in warm water helped :smile:
yeah, this happened to me... they were getting a bit loose... are there gaps inbetween the bottom of the acrylic and the bottom of the nail? if there is, go get them filled and it'll secure them a bit :smile:
Reply 3
Is it the first time you've had them done? It usually can hurt for the first few days... If its really bad and preventing you from doing things then go back to place you them done. :smile:
Reply 4
Yeah, it's the first time! But it's not the first few days :frown:
There are gaps in between the nail and acrylic but the lady told me to go back for infills after 4 weeks.
Reply 5
piece_by_piece
Yeah, it's the first time! But it's not the first few days :frown:
There are gaps in between the nail and acrylic but the lady told me to go back for infills after 4 weeks.

You go bak for infills wen u need them lol. If there is a noticeable gap, get em done :smile:
yer it happened to me, my nails felt so thin and like anything could make them fall off. was horrible. I liked having long nails but wasn't worth it for the state it left my real nails in.
4 weeks is a long time for infills, in general they say 2/3 weeks. Do you use your nails quite harshly? The extra length could be putting extra force on your nails when you do anything tough with them. You can always go back to where you had them done and explain, see what they say.
Reply 8
gah i got acrylics done and i tried to remove them at home myself.. soaked in nail polish remover but it made all messy :redface: so far ive done one hand.. i look a lil strange!
Reply 9
I caught my nail sideways yesterday when I shut my draw quickly, and it's snapped all the way down the middle. I swear it's snapped my real nail too. Soo painful

Latest

Trending

Trending