The Student Room Group

KPMG Online Aptitude Test

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by kingcoltzan
I assume they simply base your percentile on your overall score out of 24, rather than your accuracy, yes?

Because everyone keeps saying, oh take your time and just do 10 questions correctly. Yes, that is true, but the most important factor is to finish the paper!!! So long as it is not negatively marked, or marked out of the ones you have done (which it can't be because that would make the scoring very complex so that people didn't just do 5 questions and get them all right), then you should be answering all of them!

You do have to rush some, I was advised to stick to 1 minute/question (or whatever it is) quite ridgidly, and if you can't do it or can see it is too hard, MOVE ON! The questions never get progressively harder, and there are always easier ones further on in the test, so get the easy ones done first, then come back to these ones which are hard. Although saying that some test providers, I think SHL? don't allow you to go back, in that case my advice is (if you have to) to always guess the same letter. IMO the odds of getting a guesses right are increased if you guess A always as there is bound to be one A. By guessing A...B...C....A...B...C you can get 0 simply by the answers being B C A B C A etc.... that was what I was taught for UKCAT which is a very similar style.

The fact that you think your odds of scoring are improved by always choosing A would appear to be proof that you aren't a gifted mathematician :tongue:

Answers orders will undoubtedly be generated at random by an online test, and even if they weren't you've still got a 1/4 chance for each answer. The previous answer has no bearing on the next answer.

But you're right, it makes no sense not to finish even if you do have to guess the final answers. It's not negatively marked and percentiles will be worked out on the basis of how many correct answers you got.
Reply 81
Original post by Maths.Geek
Hey there! I completed KPMG online tests successfully.

Looking through the posts on here the general consensus is that people have particular difficulty with the numerical test.
I am a maths graduate and found the maths part relatively straightforward and completed all the questions within the time limit.
Feel free to send me a message if you would like any advice or tips for preparing for your tests. Good luck : )

-------------------------------------------

Hi,

I know you have completed the test while ago. I am now preparing for these tests and your valuable tips will be very helpful for me at this stage.

All are saying that KPMG test are not easy to go through, Can you suggest any books/websites for preparing for numerical and verbal reasoning tests to match KPMG standard?

Pls. give me some tips & tricks for answering the questions in the real test.

Thax
Vins.
Reply 82
Accuracy is the key on these tests. I passed mine yesterday even though I thought I'd done terribly.

As advised if you can't do it move on, but DON'T guess for the sake of answering the question, if you don't know move on.
Reply 83
Hi. I just finished the IQ test in KPMG Graduate Program 2013. In Asia, KPMG IQ test include lateral thinking skill, logical and problem solving skills. Actually problem solving test is easier than the one in Mckinsey. =) . The lateral thinking test is really interesting.
Reply 84
If you don't like the online test, there's a whole lot more where that came from when you do exam studies, especially if you do the nine month tax programme. Time pressured and voluminous information don't come close to describing it! Like the tests, the exams aren't technically beyond anyone who is reasonably smart, for the most part, but the sheer volume of information in a short time makes it a lot harder. The reasoning tests see how well you can deal with such scenarios and I believe all the big four should be as hard as KPMG with their tests, because the exam study will be much harder than those.
How do you prepare for aptitude tests? Have you bought any sample tests you would recommend? Thankss
Original post by mappostolova
How do you prepare for aptitude tests? Have you bought any sample tests you would recommend? Thankss

Revise GCSE maths topics like ratios and percentage changes and make sure you can do them quickly, these come up a lot. Make sure you are comfortable with reading different kinds of graphs.

For verbal reasoning, you will be given a short passage of text and then asked some questions about it. After a few questions, the passage will change and you get some more questions and so on. The options are true, false, and can't say. Make sure you can PROVE that your answer is true or false using ONLY what is written in the passage - if you can't, you must put can't say. That's pretty much the only trick to it.

I didn't buy any materials but some other people here may have.
Original post by mappostolova

I bought the assessmentday.co.uk practise package and found that well worth the money. On top of that I practised with free tests I found online.
Original post by string_bean_jean
I bought the assessmentday.co.uk practise package and found that well worth the money. On top of that I practised with free tests I found online.
Thank you! I will try them :smile:
Reply 89
I have final interview with partner in KPMG next week. Preparation helps me survive all the round before ( including online test). For the Aptitude test, you can spend money and time to do a lot of trial test. But at the same time, if you don't master what you 've learned so far you waste yr effort . For me, I just did all Free aptitude test on internet, read some Free aptitude book I downloaded via torrent.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending