The Student Room Group

Quick Question

When you send off your UCAS form this year, do you put down your AS results? I've been gettign different responses, some saying htey're changing it this year, others saying you don't put them on unless they're certified (which I'm guessing emans you're not carrying them on to A2?)

I take 4 AS's at the moment plus General Studies and I intend to take them all on to A2. Does this mean only my predicted grades go on?

If so, is this the case for all universities and courses? I vaguely rememebr my chemistry teacher saying for medicine, the AS's go on.

Cheers :smile:
As far as I know, you should put down your AS grades if they're certificated (i.e. you will get certificates for them, not just for your A-levels). If they're not... I don't know.
allieRAWR!
When you send off your UCAS form this year, do you put down your AS results? I've been gettign different responses, some saying htey're changing it this year, others saying you don't put them on unless they're certified (which I'm guessing emans you're not carrying them on to A2?)

I take 4 AS's at the moment plus General Studies and I intend to take them all on to A2. Does this mean only my predicted grades go on?

If so, is this the case for all universities and courses? I vaguely rememebr my chemistry teacher saying for medicine, the AS's go on.

Cheers :smile:

If you're carrying on, do what I did - enter all the subjects you're carrying on as A2 subjects, for which there are 6 module spaces provided. Enter the three AS modules and grades. Enter titles for the other, A2 ones, and leave them blank.

:smile:
Basically there have been alot of roumers that from this September all your results will automatically be cashed in.
If this is the case, you will have no option but to declare your module grades.

You won't have to put in your overall AS grade onto your application, just the seperate grade for each of your modules.

Your teachers will still have to enter your predicted grades into your reference anyway.
Reply 4
Ahh, I see.

At current though, to you put down your overall AS grade, even if you don't certificate it (so, carry it to A2)?
Reply 5
I stated what i cached in as i was only taking that subject to AS. All the subjects i was taking onto A2 i left as pending.
mollymustard
You won't have to put in your overall AS grade onto your application, just the seperate grade for each of your modules.
So say, for example, I ended up with an A in C1, and B's in C2 and S1 yet managed to get an A overall surely putting "ABB" looks worse than what it really is?
!MEna
So say, for example, I ended up with an A in C1, and B's in C2 and S1 yet managed to get an A overall surely putting "ABB" looks worse than what it really is?

Yes, it would but as far as I know its just the way the system works sadly.
Luckily lots of Unis take predicted grades further into consideration than actual AS grades though, so it all evens out in the end.

Latest

Trending

Trending