The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Coursework is treated the same as any AS written module; you can transfer any AS modules to a different centre for continuation at A2 by checking to see if it is allowed for your particular subject(s): http://www.jcq.org.uk/attachments/published/238/Transfer%20of%20AS%20credit%20_3_.pdf

e.g. you can transfer AQA Sociology AS (with Unit 3 Coursework) to OCR A2 Sociology at a different centre.
Reply 2
tymbnuip
Coursework is treated the same as any AS written module; you can transfer any AS modules to a different centre for continuation at A2 by checking to see if it is allowed for your particular subject(s): http://www.jcq.org.uk/attachments/published/238/Transfer%20of%20AS%20credit%20_3_.pdf

e.g. you can transfer AQA Sociology AS (with Unit 3 Coursework) to OCR A2 Sociology at a different centre.

I have currently just done OCR AS physics, but i want to retake the AS physics course with AQA. The problem is, i'm doing it privately, so i'm unable to do the coursework for AQA AS physics. I have already done AS physics coursework for OCR to a very high standard, and the OCR coursework scheme is pretty much similar to AQA's coursework. I would like to know whether it'd be possible to take AQA AS physics exam modules and transfer my OCR coursework to substitute it for the AQA coursework as part of that AS. Thanks
Reply 3
[QUOTE='[Dark Prince]']I have currently just done OCR AS physics, but i want to retake the AS physics course with AQA. The problem is, i'm doing it privately, so i'm unable to do the coursework for AQA AS physics. I have already done AS physics coursework for OCR to a very high standard, and the OCR coursework scheme is pretty much similar to AQA's coursework. I would like to know whether it'd be possible to take AQA AS physics exam modules and transfer my OCR coursework to substitute it for the AQA coursework as part of that AS. Thanks
So you want to start again AS Physics (but this time with AQA), and slot in your OCR coursework mark, but then take the other AQA AS modules? The idea with transfer of credit is that you're moving centres, and that you transfer the WHOLE of the 3 AS modules, so that you can continue with your A-levels without having to resit the AS year again because of differing exam-boards.

I find it very unlikely that they'll allow a "transfer of credit" for a private student who wants to change exam boards on a whim? :s-smilie: If you were to study the AQA Physics at a new centre, you could transfer from OCR to AQA your 3 modules, and then RESIT the AS modules you wish to, whilst also studying the A2 level. Or just start from scratch at a new centre with the AQA Physics and do AS this year and A2 next year. But as it stands I don't see you having much luck, especially with being a private candidate and the desired "slotting in" of a module grade.

edit: sorry I've read your post again and it seems that AQA have required coursework, and as such can't be taken as private candidates? I think it would be HIGHLY unlikely they would allow you to "slot in" a coursework module grade from OCR into a transferred OCR to AQA specification (if indeed they were to allow you a transfer of credit, doubtful). AQA's website have a "Private Candidates" PDF guide, it might be worth looking at to so if there are any notes about that particular A-level AQA Physics specification and private candidates.

Basically - transfering of credit involves the transferring of *all* 3 AS modules, but you can then resit (as far as I'm aware) AS modules on AQA, along with doing the A2 modules on AQA.

Latest