The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Reputation of Cavendish Halls Notts

I recently found out I have been given accomodation at Cavendish Halls, and one of my friends has told me that it's well renound for being a really Private Schoolish halls. I have no problem with Private School kids, they're a great laugh I find, and a lot less sensitive than most people I have to deal with, I was just curious as to whether the rumour is true, what other reputations does Cavendish has, and whether I'd fit in there, being an Asian Middle-Class kid that went to a Grammar School.
Reply 1
I agree that Cavendish Hall has a reputation for being very private schoolish, the reason being that virtually every room is ensuite (i.e. the most expensive). However, this really shouldn't be an issue - if anything, there will be plenty of grammar school kids too. Most students don't ask/care which school you went to - that's all in the past! "Fitting in" is more about getting along with others rather than going to a particular school. I know plenty of unsociable private school people who don't have many friends and always sit alone at meals.

Also, it's like that in other halls anyway. I was in Hu Stu last year and a majority of students were from private schools (and LOADS of people from grammar schools), and were dressed in the usual: leavers' hoodies, Jack Wills, Polo Ralph Lauren, Abercrombie & Fitch, gilets, UGG Boots, etc - and the same applies to my course (I study law). I admit that I'm one of those people, and there are bound to be people who stereotype me, but I certainly don't choose my friends because of their school or clothes.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Latest

Trending

Trending