The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I would say it's fine as long as your not promoting violent/racist/radical religious groups. Not sure how important it would be to them though, I wouldn't use more than a sentence on it.
If you are just making an account of your acitivities and achivements it should be fine. They won't discriminate against you based on perceived political views.

Besides, LSE may even look on your favourably due to the Fabian Socity connection, should you be applying there lol (I'm joking!)
Reply 3
I would mention that you are involved in political campaigns, but not necessarily the groups you campaigned for.
I don't think they'll judge you on your political views and the Fabian Society is an extremely well respected and academic institution which should put you in good stead for an application.
Reply 5
I ve actually just joined this society, so i hope by putting it in my PS it is not going to hinder it in any way
My friend put on his PS that he was a member of the Labour Party and got into Oxford to read PPE.
Reply 7
Your political views are not in themselves relevant. But if you can use them to motivate your application and/or to show you have the skills needed to do the course well then great. So it is all down to whether you can get relevancy.
Reply 8
I'm certain it's relevent, I just wouldn't want to disadvantage myself either by people thinkiing it's not appropriate to mention, people not liking it or people thinking I am trying to wangle my way in (I am applying to LSE)
Reply 9
Levity
I'm certain it's relevent, I just wouldn't want to disadvantage myself either by people thinkiing it's not appropriate to mention, people not liking it or people thinking I am trying to wangle my way in (I am applying to LSE)

Well as long as you can demonstrate that relevancy then include it. :smile:
Mind you actually, do be careful. My friend, who is (unfortunately) a card-carrying Tory, wrote this on his PS last year when applying to progressive/left-leaning institutions such as the LSE. Suffice it to say, he was rejected from all his top choices and is now re-applying. You don't what to appear as though you've made up all your political opinions already - admissions tutors like people with open and inquiring minds, too. :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending