The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

2014 Frequently Asked Questions (read this first)!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
terpineol
I've not been to any lectures this side of the midterm, my glasses prescription it turns out needed a monstrous change, so I couldn't read the slides or the handout, and my hearing is less than perfect, so I was effectively sat in a dark hot room. Perfect for sleep. I've been learning from the handouts. Otherwise I would comment on her lecturing too.

i know the feeling it is far to easy to sleep in there..
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Sambo2
i know the feeling it is far to easy to sleep in there..

From the looks of the lecture theatre in the new building, comfortable seats will greatly facilitate this...though seeing as the seating arrangement places everybody practically on the lecturer's lap, subtlety might be rather more problematic...

PS: Hi Sam :ninjagirl:
Reply 82
Peculiar Beast
From the looks of the lecture theatre in the new building, comfortable seats will greatly facilitate this...though seeing as the seating arrangement places everybody practically on the lecturer's lap, subtlety might be rather more problematic...

PS: Hi Sam :ninjagirl:

yeh, mind you I don't think I was ever very subtle..

PS: Hi Laura?
Sambo2
yeh, mind you I don't think I was ever very subtle..

PS: Hi Laura?

Your powers of deduction impress me. And no Sam, you were never very subtle (highly amusing maybe). And now i see the lack of discretion extends to the public ousting of my name...sigh...:P
Reply 84
Peculiar Beast
Your powers of deduction impress me. And no Sam, you were never very subtle (highly amusing maybe). And now i see the lack of discretion extends to the public ousting of my name...sigh...:P

haha, I knew it :smile:
Reply 85
Laura! I've only just realised that i know half the people on this forum. Rather slow :wink:
Reply 86
Nervermind :smile:
King Newt
Laura! I've only just realised that i know half the people on this forum. Rather slow :wink:

Well howdy :biggrin: See you in a mere matter of days!
Reply 88
Peculiar Beast
Well howdy :biggrin: See you in a mere matter of days!

Excitement :biggrin:
Reply 89
This thread should now be all up-to-date for any prospective students :smile:
Hi, what do you guys think of applying for chemistry at st Andrews with a dentistry personal statement? Do you think my chances are slim? Thanks :smile:
I have got a question concerning the fees for EU students.

I am applying for a Psychology degree in St. Andrews.
But even in case I got an offer, I might have to quit after one year and continue my studies in Germany
(well, life is complicated and not always fair :s-smilie: )

Would I still be in the situation not to have to pay fees (because I am from Germany) ? Or is it necesarry to complete the degree in order to avoid the fees?

Thank you :biggrin:
Reply 92
Original post by Welsh Lady
I have got a question concerning the fees for EU students.

I am applying for a Psychology degree in St. Andrews.
But even in case I got an offer, I might have to quit after one year and continue my studies in Germany
(well, life is complicated and not always fair :s-smilie: )

Would I still be in the situation not to have to pay fees (because I am from Germany) ? Or is it necesarry to complete the degree in order to avoid the fees?

Thank you :biggrin:

You wouldn't have to pay the fees for the 1 year.
Reply 93
Hoping somebody can tell me if the admissions team will look favourably upon The Extended Project Qualification? I have been scouring the St A site and on here trying to find out and come up with no clear answer as yet!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 94
Original post by FutureDent.
Hi, what do you guys think of applying for chemistry at st Andrews with a dentistry personal statement? Do you think my chances are slim? Thanks :smile:

Hi there,

It wouldn't be the end of the world - both similar subjects (not like a joint physics/history application).

Also, something to do would be to send a specific chemistry personal statement directly to the University (not via UCAS), and explain your situation.

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 95
Is there a Facebook group for 2013 freshers? I can't seem to find it but someone should totes make one :biggrin:
Original post by Physics199
Is there a Facebook group for 2013 freshers? I can't seem to find it but someone should totes make one :biggrin:

I could create one tomorrow :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Welsh Lady
I could create one tomorrow :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

There is one; just search St Andrews Class of 2017 :smile:
Original post by ElizabethRG
There is one; just search St Andrews Class of 2017 :smile:

There actually seem to be two groups :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Will the St. Andrews office be open on the Bank Monday in Early August?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending