The Student Room Group

Still in pyjamas?

I have just been called a slob by my mother because I haven't got dressed yet. My response was - 'It's Sunday. I'm not going out. Why bother?'

I quite often don't get dressed on Sundays. Or days when I know I'm just going to stay at home and do nothing. I don't think I'm a slob though; I dress well, wash often and generally look presentable. What's the problem with lazy pyjama days???

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If it were socially acceptable, I would wear nothing but pyjamas on my bottom half.

There's nowt wrong with slobby pyjama days. Mmmmm comfy...
Sometimes I have a bath and decide to wear my pjs just to feel cozy so you aren't alone lol
But I think I'm the ultimate slob because I woke up 10 mins ago... *whistles*
Reply 3
diamonddust
Sometimes I have a bath and decide to wear my pjs just to feel cozy so you aren't alone lol
But I think I'm the ultimate slob because I woke up 10 mins ago... *whistles*

Lol that's pretty bad...I have at least been up since 11, which is early for me on a Sunday...
Reply 4
I'm still in my pjs haha.
My mum calls me lazy but I'm not going out till later so I might aswell enjoy a lazy day.
Reply 5
She's threatening me! Outrage!

No dinner unless I get dressed.

A difficult decision...make my own food or go find some clothes....
lol i spend most of my sundays in pjs anyway but im out later anyway. I like spending a day in pjs even though i'm supposed to clean my room today oops ...
Hahah, I did that once, got up in pyjamas, spent the day at home in them, and then went to sleep in them after.

Granted, I was about 7 or 8 then. :p:
Reply 8
I used to get really wound up when my parents and brothers called me lazy for not getting dressed. Why should we if we're not doing anything?
Pyjama days ftw!
I've been living in my pyjamas since my exams stopped. I just rotate the pyjamas I wear, e.g. Monday - pyjama set 1 etc. They're comfy, unlike normal clothes (which I have to wear on the way to swimming/gym lol) and my work clothes.

EDIT: as for the make own food/change clothes - make your own food, that way you get to eat something you like (if you can cook it) and wear comfy clothes! :biggrin: But you don't want to upset your Mum....
Kizz91

Simple microwave food and a load of Ben & Jerry's
Reply 11
Sapphire_Eyes

I would but...her roast dinners are yummy...I may actually have to get dressed.
Sapphire_Eyes

That sounds like the ideal day, if you skip the microwave food and have loads of Ben & Jerry's and choccie biccies (or anything chocolate actually) :biggrin:
Reply 13
There is nothing better than pyjama days. ^_^ Saturday is my usual pyjama day. :biggrin:
Kizz91

Just thought of a way you can stay in your pyjamas and keep your Mum happy - cook dinner (unless she's started, then you could help or offer to another day).
Reply 15
I woke up at 1.30 today and I'm still in my PJs, LOL.

I've been out to the news agents to get milk and bread in my PJ's too before.
Reply 16
men wear pyjamas :s-smilie:
ACDC
I've been out the news agents to get milk and bread in my PJ's too before.

If only I could do that, but I can't, because the local newsagents is where I work...And about 10 miles away lol.
Reply 18
ACDC
I woke up at 1.30 today and I'm still in my PJs, LOL.

I've been out to the news agents to get milk and bread in my PJ's too before.

I've walked the dogs in PJs before...not sure I'd go anywhere populated though!
Reply 19
My mother calls me all sorts, i suppose that's what you get with asian mothers.

Got told i looked like a dead sheep. Charming.

Latest