The Student Room Group

Being away during the pool period

I have a chance to go abroad from 4th to 11th January, which is, I understand, the time when pool interviews usually take place. I know some people might think this is thinking ahead a bit too much (and there's probably only a small chance of this happening!) but what would happen if, having been pooled, a college contacted me (or rather my parents, as it'd have to be) on the 4th to ask me to come to a pool interview? Would they be willing to leave it to the 12th?
Reply 1
I can't imagine so no :s-smilie:
Reply 2
I wouldn't risk it - the interview/confirmation letters do say to make sure you're in during that period. Is this some special once-in-a-life-time trip that you must go? Or can't you leave the decision til later when they tell you whether you've been accepted/pooled/rejected - ie December?
There are modules on in January too - would they make allowances for that?
Reply 4
I don't think there are any pool interviews during January. New term starts on 14th. I can't imagine colleges do pool interviews after the new year... Then again, I wasn't pooled last year, so, haven't got a clue.
They do do them in January, but I'm not sure which weeks.
Reply 6
irisng
I wouldn't risk it - the interview/confirmation letters do say to make sure you're in during that period. Is this some special once-in-a-life-time trip that you must go? Or can't you leave the decision til later when they tell you whether you've been accepted/pooled/rejected - ie December?

hmm...well it hasn't been mentioned in any of my letters so I think I'll write to Cambridge admissions and ask their advice...though I agree it'd be safer not to go. Apparently they're going to be leaving sending out the letters until the New Year, which means I can't decide later. I was just going to go to Sarajevo with a friend, but I've been before and I suppose I could go again any time, although obviously it's annoying.
Reply 7
You should get your letter on new year's eve.
Reply 8
hitchhiker_13
They do do them in January, but I'm not sure which weeks.

my pool interview was on something like the 7th january.

Latest

Trending

Trending