The Student Room Group
The Colonel
I am doing GCSE french and need to do courseowrk on helping at home (wat i have to do & why, what i think about it, ocaassion when helped in past and what i will do nxt weekend and why) The problem is I missed some lessons in the lead up and don't know what to do, can any1 help me?

What is it you're stuck on exactly? Vocab, tenses, how to start it...?
Reply 2
The Colonel
I am doing GCSE french and need to do courseowrk on helping at home (wat i have to do & why, what i think about it, ocaassion when helped in past and what i will do nxt weekend and why) The problem is I missed some lessons in the lead up and don't know what to do, can any1 help me?

go buy some soap and a rope. That's a solution to all problems like that.
Reply 3
The Colonel

Thats not an especially good title in my opinion, but try talking about things that you do to help generally, and perhaps what other people in the house do. So you get some present tense! Then say what u used to do and perhaps don't anymore or something to get some past. Then future tense by saying what you'll do this weekend to help, like 'theres so much ironing that this weekend i will do it all' or something. And after lotsa things you say add opinions about it 'i usually walk the dog after school, but I don't like it in the winter because it is too cold' etc etc...
Reply 4
Lots of opinions! Exam boards like opinions :biggrin:
Reply 5
stuff like whether you get paid for it and what you think of it basically. use some subjunctives like je dois fait le repassage chaque semaine que je deteste parce que... and use all the tenses you can think of!
*steph 247*
stuff like whether you get paid for it and what you think of it basically. use some subjunctives like je dois fait le repassage chaque semaine que je deteste parce que... and use all the tenses you can think of!

:confused: Wouldn't it be 'je dois faire or 'il faut que je fasse'? Anyway, I think the subjunctive is overdoing it a bit for GCSE! I didn't learn that until halfway through AS.
kellywood_5
:confused: Wouldn't it be 'je dois faire or 'il faut que je fasse'? Anyway, I think the subjunctive is overdoing it a bit for GCSE! I didn't learn that until halfway through AS.

yes , you re right
Richy Rich$$
yes , you re right

:biggrin: lol.
Reply 9
ahh, close! ...ish... :biggrin: We were told all the way thorugh GCSE to use subjunctive...
*steph 247*
ahh, close! ...ish... :biggrin: We were told all the way thorugh GCSE to use subjunctive...

:eek: Like I said in my post above, it was only about halfway through AS that we actually learnt the subjunctive! Do/did you by any chance go to a private school, or maybe a top grammar?
Reply 11
Grammar, but I think it was in the syllabus...
Reply 12
you're soo lucky u get to do that topic it's one of my best ones actually and i think i cud have made so many points any ways pm me if u still need help
*steph 247*
Grammar, but I think it was in the syllabus...

Weird, I thought it was only an A-level tense. *shrug* I managed to get an A* at GCSE and I'd never heard of the subjunctive then, so it can't be that important.

Latest

Trending

Trending