The Student Room Group

UCAS (Results and getting in)

Is the UCAS track thing fully automated? As in are grades inputted and the status automatically change if it sees the grades needed were submitted? Or is there actually a person from the university who will actually amend each candidate track profile? I am asking this because of the whole trying to beg a place into university. If it was the latter then surely they have already reviewed you and still rejected you? Or is it a case of you miss the grades you automatically get unsuccessful and then its up to you to badger the university? I guess my main underlying question is can your status become unconditional even if you haven't met the firm grades but the were lenient prior to updating track or are they only lenient if you contact them after?

From this you can see how confident i am of making my firm...
Reply 1
I need to know this also
Reply 2
The grades are automaically sent to the universities and my understanding is that if you meet or exceed the condition of your offer then it will change from conditional to unconditional and nobody will have any input into that, however if you fail to meet the conditions then it will be reviewed before your are declined, if they do decide that you are unsuccessful that is when you need to contact the unis to beg them, but if you don't meet the conditions but they still accept you then you do nothing - just celebrate!

Hope this helps
Rob
Reply 3
Uni's get the results a week earlier than we do, this gives them plenty of time to decide who gets in etc.
Right?
Reply 4
I've heard it's 2 days before. Apparently you can look on track the night before results come out and it'll say if you are successful or not. Although I don't think i'd have the guts to do that!
Can i please ask...
Ive taken an extra A Level without the university knowing (so 4 in total).
I took the wrong a levels to begin with so I did general studies as my extra (they accept it for my course) and I'm hoping on that grade to get me into university. However, they asked me to get BBC in any order on these subjects: french physics dt but I know that I would fail physics, hence I had taken general studies.

I told a tutor on an open day about taking general studies instead, doubt she would have remembered lol, but she said taking general studies would be fine.

Sorry if thats confusing. Basically I just swapped my physics Alevel for general studies, but did physics anyway - if you can understand

I just want to know whether they look at ALL my grades not just the selected three?
Thanks.
if not , do you think it would be wise to phone the university a few days before the results come in?
thankssssssss!!!!

Extra Note:
My course is quite unpopular and I have heard that they are needy for more applicants, so that may better my chances of getting in if I dont get the grades exactly (i hope!!).
Reply 6
ihateeducation
Can i please ask...
Ive taken an extra A Level without the university knowing (so 4 in total).
I took the wrong a levels to begin with so I did general studies as my extra (they accept it for my course) and I'm hoping on that grade to get me into university. However, they asked me to get BBC in any order on these subjects: french physics dt but I know that I would fail physics, hence I had taken general studies.

I told a tutor on an open day about taking general studies instead, doubt she would have remembered lol, but she said taking general studies would be fine.

Sorry if thats confusing. Basically I just swapped my physics Alevel for general studies, but did physics anyway - if you can understand

I just want to know whether they look at ALL my grades not just the selected three?
Thanks.
if not , do you think it would be wise to phone the university a few days before the results come in?
thankssssssss!!!!

Extra Note:
My course is quite unpopular and I have heard that they are needy for more applicants, so that may better my chances of getting in if I dont get the grades exactly (i hope!!).

You have to phone the university to let them know you're doing an extra course, they won't know about your result for that course otherwise and it'll put you at a disadvantage (you'll have to go through clearing or hope they understand whats happened).

If you drop them an e-mail it should be simple, not sure whether the university will be closed for summer holidays or not though.

Latest

Trending

Trending