The Student Room Group

Boost your Memory and Revision with Psychology

You can easily train your memory to remember an amazing amount of information using techniques called mnemonics - even if its really boring stuff for exams.

Check out www.studysuccess.co.uk for a free interactive tutorial to teach the basics of using your visual imagination to massively boost how much you can learn - making revision more fun too!

You can also buy the revision pack 'Exam Genie' here that teaches a powerful revision method - or share revision tips in the free access study success forum.

Thanks - hope you find it useful - Kirstie
Reply 1
anyone tried it?
Reply 2
just tried it! it's prety good. i remembered stuff after i used their method. but i'm not sure how to apply it to remembering the actual exam stuff. but their way of using "pegs" to remember things really does help. for example when the word heaven was written, i remembered it was the peg for pig. i had thought of a pig with wings flying in the clouds initially, and that is how i remembered.
Reply 3
Leg,
Ice cream,
Phone,
Gun,
Table,
Lamp,
Pig,
Flag,
Radio,
Hen.

I can still remember the words, so it obviously worked, lol. I don't see how it could be applied to learning things for an exam though...

Latest

Trending

Trending