The Student Room Group
University of York
York
Reply 1
IBabc123
Is it possible to swap courses....do you think i could swap to Economics? At the moment they are saying its full up but when i start uni is there a possibility they will allow me?

What course are you going to do at the moment? Economics is pretty competitive so it's unlikely, especially considering they are already saying that it's full - although obviously it depends if people miss their offers, change their minds, drop out early, etc. You'd normally have to have the grades for economics, too.
University of York
York
Reply 2
i tried to change courses but couldnt.. i think you just have to go by clearing now
Reply 3
At the moment i am on psychology which is a competitve course if that makes a difference
Reply 4
They changed me on to Economics by accident when switching from PolEcon to PPE, which would have been fairly challenging with no Maths A Level...
...you can have my place? :biggrin:
Tx

PS - Best of luck with that!
Reply 5
I really depends if your A level grades are high enough and if the course is full or not. However, from my personal experience, even if your grades are right etc., i wouldn't count on being able to swap.
Reply 6
Hehe, yeah - swapping's not too hard. Call up the department you wanna change on to and speak to them. Say you're desperate. They won't wanna lose your fees. I'm changing from... Politics onto a BSc in Environmental Economics and Environmental Management even though I have no science or maths qualifications beyond GCSE (though I have a lot of practical field experience). I called York up to say bye and they were like - WAIT! Look at this!
Reply 7
IBabc123
Is it possible to swap courses....do you think i could swap to Economics? At the moment they are saying its full up but when i start uni is there a possibility they will allow me?

If its full i'm not sure but sometimes you can swap courses once you start. Its surprising, when did you ask to swap because Economics was in extra, i don't know if it will be in clearing though seeing as they stated it was full.
Reply 8
TrishS
They changed me on to Economics by accident when switching from PolEcon to PPE, which would have been fairly challenging with no Maths A Level...
...you can have my place? :biggrin:
Tx

PS - Best of luck with that!

Hey, saw your post in the thread I made ages ago about Malaysia, sorry for not replying. I had already left by then. How was your trip to SE Asia then. I only went to Malaysia before India but I loved it there.

Sorry for the thread hijack btw.
Reply 9
Nabster_88
Hey, saw your post in the thread I made ages ago about Malaysia, sorry for not replying. I had already left by then. How was your trip to SE Asia then. I only went to Malaysia before India but I loved it there.

Sorry for the thread hijack btw.

Lol, hello... It was ace, I got back yesterday - very odd feeling!!
Reply 10
Thanks for the advice i was wondering if i were to ask to swap when would be the best time in doing so...straight away once i get there or should i give it a week and hopefully some people will ask to swap/change courses?
I can't say for sure, but the best time to do it would probably be a few weeks in (unless there are spaces already on the course) to give ppl chance to drop out

Latest