The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hiya :smile:
The bus pass last year was £218 for the year if you bought it online. I used it loads in the first term, not so much in the second and not as much in the third. Purely because i decided cycling to uni was better! You can use the bus pass on any arriva bus in the Leicester area. It counts on the buses which go to Fosse park retail park as well which is very useful. The buses you will mainly use will be the 80/80a and the 31/31a..... i can't see you using many other buses but it counts on the anyways!
If your likely to get the bus to uni as oppose to walk/cycle then id say get one! Purely because otherwise its £3 for a day ticket or £1.80 (I think) single and it works out better to get a bus pass.

Hope that helps :smile:
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi there !
I was wondering if we can buy a term pass ? Have you heard anything about that and how much it then costs ?
cya in sept x
Charlotte67
Hi there !
I was wondering if we can buy a term pass ? Have you heard anything about that and how much it then costs ?
cya in sept x

You can buy term passes, but they are over £100, and to be honest it's well worth getting the year one straight away. It will have paid for itself after a term and then you get essentially 6 months free bus travel. :smile:
Reply 4
haa i see ! i'll do that then :wink: thx a lot you're great :biggrin:
Reply 5
Definitely get a bus pass! The bus was £3 for a day ticket and will no doubt go up more. Plus you'll not only use your bus pass for getting to uni but on nights out as well.
yeah, quite a few people get bus passes. i just walk though, it doesn't really bother me. it's not that far!
I think the Bus Pass is really useful. :smile: Definately a good investment!
*Nods* Most people seem to get passes, as 90% of Oadby students seem to use the bus regularly to get to/from Uni and town (lectures, nights out, shopping - works out a profitable investment).
Although I don't mind the walk, I would have found it tedious to do on a daily basis... and the bus was always quite sociable, as everyone piles on (ah yes, how I miss the sardine-style buses)
Reply 9
Groovy - a bus pass it is then! Thank you for all your help!
How far is the walk? I visited the uni today, it was brilliant :smile: But I have a bike, how long would it take to cycle as well? Thankyou and sorry OP for interrupting the thread!
Redpanda91
How far is the walk? I visited the uni today, it was brilliant :smile: But I have a bike, how long would it take to cycle as well? Thankyou and sorry OP for interrupting the thread!

I reckon it's about a 45 minute walk, maybe 20/25 minutes by bike?
How far is Oadby from the uni, when walking? And also cycling? Because I went there today and loved it :smile:
Oops ignore above post, didn't show up first time
:p:
sweetfloss
I reckon it's about a 45 minute walk, maybe 20/25 minutes by bike?

Yikes. Well I guess it wouldn't hurt me to get some exercise and use my bike more :p: Thanks!
Reply 15
I cycle it :smile: It only takes 10 mins. Ive cycled it in 5 before lol!
And as for walking it takes 30 mins! Its not far at all! Cycling you can beat someone driving and the bus! Especially if you know the short cuts! Definatly cycle if you can bring a bike :smile:
~NC~
I cycle it :smile: It only takes 10 mins. Ive cycled it in 5 before lol!
And as for walking it takes 30 mins! Its not far at all! Cycling you can beat someone driving and the bus! Especially if you know the short cuts! Definatly cycle if you can bring a bike :smile:

Cool! Thanks :smile: Also I am looking for someone at Leicester who does modern foreign languages, I need to ask a few questions and stuff if that'd be ok? :smile:
Reply 17
Redpanda91
Cool! Thanks :smile: Also I am looking for someone at Leicester who does modern foreign languages, I need to ask a few questions and stuff if that'd be ok? :smile:

That would be fine if you can find someone! I can't remember off the top of my head if anyone who frequents this forum does modern languages....
You could post your questions if you want in a different thread and myself or someone else may be able to help you! If you entitle it modern languages you never know who may find it :smile:
~NC~
That would be fine if you can find someone! I can't remember off the top of my head if anyone who frequents this forum does modern languages....
You could post your questions if you want in a different thread and myself or someone else may be able to help you! If you entitle it modern languages you never know who may find it :smile:

I shall do that, thanks :smile: Sorry I kinda went off the topic of the thread lol.
When cycling, do you find the road is very busy?
Redpanda91
I shall do that, thanks :smile: Sorry I kinda went off the topic of the thread lol.
When cycling, do you find the road is very busy?

The roads can get busy in rush hour times, but the cycling paths are appear very good (I haven't actually cycled them, but they look wide enough and cars don't tend to park on them:smile:)

Latest

Trending

Trending