The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I knew someone that did it, she said it was brilliant. I met loads of English teachers in Japan, its all foreigners seem to do. It seems the biggest suggestion, is if you do it don't do it in a city (especially Tokyo), because you'll find learning Japanese solid, and things will be quite lonely. My mate did it in a small village, and stayed with a local family, so the rent was practically nothing, and she had brilliant Japanese cooking every day. If you do it, you'll end up in some tiny apartment, with a huge rent. In cities people are always trying to practice their English on you too...
Reply 2
Its massive!!!

Thousands of people do it, my friend Laura went after Uni and she still hasnt come back and that was years ago. She loves it, Japanese looks difficult though
Reply 3
There is someone thinking about doing something similar on a thread below maybe you could go together :smile: ? -

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=625462
Reply 4
Oh my friend in Osaka (different from above), who I stayed with, has been there 4 years and still can't speak that well. I'd suggest some hardcore lessons before you leave, and try to speak as little English as you can outside lessons.

Latest