The Student Room Group

University admissions messing me around

Basically, I have an offer with Goldsmiths to start Psychology in september. I don't think I've got the grades so I rang up to change the course, to which the admissions tutor replied 'we don't have to change it, what we'll do is add an insurance offer through the university so if you don't get the grades for this course, you'll fall through to the integrated programme on which you need no grades to apply'
So I said yes, and he said he'd put a note on my file & email me.
It's now been 2 weeks, & I've emailed him twice with no reply. He's done this before, but last time I rang him up so he couldn't escape muahaha.
What do you guys think I should do? Should I just accept his word or keep pressing for a letter which confirms the insurance thing. Anyone else have a similar situation? Or heard of this 'insurance' offer through the uni which allows you to automatically gain a place on another course if you don't get the grades?

Sorry it's long, thanks to anyone who replies :smile:
I've never heard of this. I'd ring him up, politely reminding him that he was going to email you but you haven't got an email from him.
Ring him again?
Reply 3
I want to ring again, I'm just worried I'm being too pushy. Before I got to this point I've sent 4 emails and rang him twice...
neonbluebird
I want to ring again, I'm just worried I'm being too pushy. Before I got to this point I've sent 4 emails and rang him twice...

There's no such thing as too pushy. This is three years of your life.

MB
Reply 5
neonbluebird

i say you pay him a visit n beat him like a dog untill you get what you want
Reply 6
Mark266
i say you pay him a visit n beat him like a dog untill you get what you want

Hahaha!! Sounds like a plan
Reply 7
You might have got it sorted out by now, but just so you know it is possible for them to do that. It'll come up with 'alternative course offer' on ucas on results day and you then get a chance to accept or decline the change of course offer. If you decline it then you'll be in clearing or going to your insurance.
change of course offers are only made if you fail to get onto the original course.

Would you still want to change course if you did meet the offer for the original course?
What about if you're only a few points off and theyd accept you anyway?
If you really want the course you applied for first but as a second choice would like the other course then the way the admissions tutor suggested is the best way of doing it.
Reply 8
neonbluebird
Hahaha!! Sounds like a plan

then i will get you :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending