The Student Room Group

Which uni to choose for environmental studies: Oxford or Tokyo

Hello all,

Ive been accepted by Tokyo and Oxford universities to study environmental studies/management on master`s level. Now I have to choose between them and I would be grateful for your advises or any information that might help in desicion.

Oxford is higher in those university rankings and has worldwide reputation. Besides, it is 1 year of studies comparing with 2 years in Tokyo University. But Tokyo uni is not in much lower position of the list, and probably is better in teaching environmental disciplines.

Which uni, in your opinion, I should choose?
Do you know which member of staff you'd be working with/for (sorry, not really sure how it works at masters level) at Oxford?
Reply 2
Well, as far as I know, we dont have mentoring/tutoring (or whatsoever) system on postgraduate level.
As for staff in general - it is Environmental Change Institute (it is probably part/affiliate of Geography Department).
Reply 3
They are both fantastic Universities, Tokyo is a mega metropolis and Oxford a Univeristy town, it depends on what type of place you want to live and the how much weight you put on the time factors and expense but if you get the same at Oxford in one year then it might be a better option.